Default ringtone changing by itself!!!!

qman66

Reaction score
I had a ringtone I made with ringdroid about 2 months ago and was working well. Then about a month later its started changing to this 50 cent song that I have from my music library. I would select the ringtone I wanted and it would go right back to that song within a matter of hours. So i erased the song and now it changes to a regular ring ringtone. I am rooted with 2.2 and I noticed that the stock ringtones are .ogg files. So i converted my ringtone to .ogg and used that one running from the internal memory but still same problem. I uninstalled ringdroid, ringsextended. Has anoyone had this problem? Please help thank you.

unostang

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. Using ringdriod and 2.2 (not rooted). The ring tone that I created would work just fine for a while then all of a sudden all of my notifications were changed. I changed them back a few times and this last time they just seemed to stay. No problems for over a week now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
been running ringdroid in my D1 and now in my D2. On some rare occasions the default ring would play instead of the ring I want it to play, but it's so rare that it's not worth complaining about.

Reaction score
i actually had this issue myself. im not rooted but my email notification and txt notification both went to silent. i made no changes to the phone accept for a new theme. once i changed it back a week ago its been ok since

unostang

Reaction score
I put my foot in my mouth on this one. This morning, it's doing it again.

Apparently it's an issue with Ringdriod. As I try to correct the issue, it says that there is an error reading the music file. I use cube as my music player and it seems that it's having a problem with the music also. Almost like the phone doesn't recognize the SD card?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I put my foot in my mouth on this one. This morning, it's doing it again.

Apparently it's an issue with Ringdriod. As I try to correct the issue, it says that there is an error reading the music file. I use cube as my music player and it seems that it's having a problem with the music also. Almost like the phone doesn't recognize the SD card?

A lot of users are having the same issue. Its not specific to the music app (although most are using the stock music player). Try a factory reset. But It didn't work for me.

wykael

Reaction score
My phone periodically seems to just use whatever ringtone it feels like. I have no explanation, as there is no consistency as to when it will do it. Just all of a sudden it does. Kind of frustrating.

dadarkside

Reaction score
i dont have ringdroid installed. my ringtone changes by itself... i dont know why and I've never bothered to try to find out why. i'd say about 70% it is my ringtone i selected and the other 30 is the default.

wykael

Reaction score
I think I could understand if it went to the default ringtone (which it does every once in a while), but it goes to the "hey fool, your phone is ringing" ringtone.

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Mine does too...WTF!

I have friends set for certain ringtones...sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Why is this happening?

WJR916503

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem. I download a ringtone from mytinyphone.com and go into the standard music icon that came with the phone, select the song and set as ringtone. Within a couple of days it resets itself again to a standard ringtone and the ringtone disappears from my music list. Any Ideas????

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
Mine does too...WTF!

I have friends set for certain ringtones...sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Why is this happening?

Same here, and there's no rhyme or reason to it. Two days ago, my husband called me and the ringtone was the one I have set for my brother. Yesterday, he called me twice and it was the right ringtone. I don't get it. It's especially bad when I have the phone hooked up to my car stereo -- default sometimes, other times the ringtone I've assigned to someone else, still other times it just vibrates. Very annoying and inexplicable.