Actual ram in lg revo? Many different reports...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone gets a huge quadrant for a single core with only 512mb ram. I am beginning to think it actually has more than that. Also are apps like elixir displaying it correctly? Some people state that it has 768. Since the manufacturer or vzw have no info on the ram for the revolution, I was wondering anyone had a solid answer?

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can see that nobody is in this forum. Hopefully that changes.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just called LG support. They told me it was only 512mb. Idk where this 768 figure is coming from

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just find it wierd that lg doesnt list the ram specs anywhere. It still looks like a decent phone though.

Sent from my fascinate

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I toyed around with the Revolution yesterday... it's definitely a nice phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Charge is stated to have 512mb RAM as well but if you look at the RAM status on the device it only shows 328mb.

Wouldn't surprise me to see that with the Revolution as well.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
But how is the revo pulling down such good quadrants...is its processor really that good?

Sent from my fascinate

GunnerJim

Reaction score
I was doing some searching for the VZW data given to me at the store on the LG Revolution, the VZW website says 768MB... For what it is worth...

VZW%252520Screen%252520shot.jpg

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Thats wierd. Maybe it was suppose to have 768 but now has 512. Thats false advertising on vzws part.

Sent from my fascinate

N4UPD

Reaction score
According to my 1click cache cleaner app I have 2GB of internal storage on my LG Rev. It's showing between 1 and 2 GB but that is with the apps I have installed and the bloatware already on the phone. Still better than 256mb that was on my OG Droid.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Internal storage would be read only memory right? I am talking about access memory for running processes. But when it runs out of available ram it may draw from rom so maybe that is a good sign. It would be laggy pulling from rom though.

I emailed Droid Life and LG again. They both told me it was 512 ram. But the processor has to be a newer snapdragon or something because it is pulling the same quadrants as Thunderbolt but Revo has less ram. Idk.

Sent from my fascinate