Actual ram in lg revo? Many different reports...

GunnerJim

Reaction score
I am thoroughly baffled... The Owners Guide says 102MB internal memory, also says internal storage says 1.32GB, I had the VZW guy show me his mobile kiosk of sacred Verizon propriety data before I traded the Charge in for the Revo... The 768MB is what sold me the phone... My Mini Info says 368MB, and the phone is blazing fast... I wonder if this thing has 768MB/512MB/1024MB????

VZW%252520Screen%252520shot%2525202.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
102mb internal memory (rom?) cannot be correct, that must be a missprint? I wonder why this phone is so fast and why vzw is telling people 768. Hopefully DL or engadget does a review on this or something. I am going to do some more research on this.

Sent from my fascinate

CutterStark

Reaction score
My SystemPanel App also shows about 350 MB memory and 12 GB on the SD card. It also cites System Storage 1 GB, Application Storage 1.5 GB and Cache 193 MB. The SuperBox app shows 1.5 GB "Phone" memory.

Last edited:
OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Idk whats going on with this phone. What do you guys get when you run the linpack app or antutu benchmark app?

Reaction score
Its really fast for the specs... did better than dx2 on quadrant (is it .. still not able to use dualcore?)

You have just been post pwned

bwhxeon

Reaction score
quadrant only runs at the native resolution of the phone and in the droid x2's case it has about a 30% higher res and the score reflex that.

Reaction score
Yeah but I don't think it would have made a huge dif on the score cuz it was already getting 5-15 fps better on the Gfx tests...

You have just been post pwned

djembeman

Reaction score
3 different storage sources listed.

According to my 1click cache cleaner app I have 2GB of internal storage on my LG Rev. It's showing between 1 and 2 GB but that is with the apps I have installed and the bloatware already on the phone. Still better than 256mb that was on my OG Droid.

You guys are missing the fact that there are 3 different storage sources listed.

The internal phone storage
Internal Memory and
SD Card

The 16 GB internal storage is a total figure combining the two internal partitions.

Before I slammed my "Internal phone storage" with apps it was reflecting basically 2GB of storage. This only tells you how much is left, not total. I'm assuming the space not accounted for resides here for your OS system files.

Internal memory is showing 12.01 GB of total storage. You basically use this portion of memory as if it was an SD Card. You mount this along with your SD Card when connected to your computer. So, basically it looks like two SD Cards are mounted at the same time.

And 3rd of course is your 16 GB preinstalled SD Card. Or possibly your 32GB SD Card that you purchased.

I also just need to say that I've never seen so many completely inaccurate reviews on a device. I've seen for example where someone said this only has a 4 inch screen and people really don't understand the difference between RAM and internal storage/memory.

My guess is that there is 512 MB of RAM, but a certain part of it isn't detected by programs that report on it.

Loving my 2100 Quadrant scores. I also tried Linpack and got a score of 38-39 MFLOPS. Just a great performing snappy phone. Beautiful screen that can get really bright if wanted or needed.

Last edited:
OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know the difference between rom and ram. I was not originally asking about internal rom. I was asking about random access memory. In fact the revo has 512mb ram with 368 available. I confirmed this with lg customer service, droid life and people on the forum.

Sent from my fascinate

djembeman

Reaction score
I know the difference between rom and ram. I was not originally asking about internal rom. I was asking about random access memory. In fact the revo has 512mb ram with 368 available. I confirmed this with lg customer service, droid life and people on the forum.

Sent from my fascinate

Yeah, I didn't reply to your OP. I was just stating in my reply to someone else that there is a huge amount of misinformation out there on this device.

Android assistant app tells me the same thing, 368.25 MB of RAM. I wonder if the Android version isn't reading the RAM correctly or isn't set to make use of all of it?

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent from my fascinate

Yeah, I didn't reply to your OP. I was just stating in my reply to someone else that there is a huge amount of misinformation out there on this device.

Android assistant app tells me the same thing, 368.25 MB of RAM. I wonder if the Android version isn't reading the RAM correctly or isn't set to make use of all of it?

Alot of these android devices dont let you make use if all the ram. For instance on my fascinate I only have 348 available out of 512, because it is dedicated to ram for screen gpu and various other system tasks I believe. I am not sure but I think the revo has a dedicated video chip, so that may be why it is as fast as the tb which has more ram.

Sent from my fascinate

djembeman

Reaction score
[QUOTE

Alot of these android devices dont let you make use if all the ram. For instance on my fascinate I only have 348 available out of 512, because it is dedicated to ram for screen gpu and various other system tasks I believe. I am not sure but I think the revo has a dedicated video chip, so that may be why it is as fast as the tb which has more ram.

Sent from my fascinate[/QUOTE]

That is correct. The Revolution has the Qualcom Adreno 205 GPU. That's a pretty good theory as to why this has such good performance compared to devices with more RAM.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok now I am liking this phone better again now, lol. I never thought about the dedicated video chip until now.

Sent from my fascinate

Randalbrown2009

Reaction score
Really good phone lots of speed...stock.. had a rooted droid 1 and this kills it..

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Idk whats going on with this phone. What do you guys get when you run the linpack app or antutu benchmark app?

I've had 2060 on Quadrant (though for some strange reason it won't communicate over 4G only Wifi.

Antutu: 1922

Linpack: around 38/39 mflops

What do others get? This in a Rooted Revolution BTW, but stock was the same.