active display wonky

drtnsnw

Reaction score
So, after the Kit Kat update my phone is doing something odd. It will show notifications IE text, missed call,email. What is odd is that now it will not let me access my email by upswiping. Before if the notification came in you could swipe up with it and it would take you straight to email or whatever. Now with the email it just goes to home screen. With a text it still takes me to my texting app but not email. I called VZW and went through all of their tech support. They sent me to Moto and I am now at tier 3 of their support waiting on a call back. VZW did offer me at a charge of 2 extra dollars a month to get assurion tech support!! Never heard of that one before!! Chris

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
well, they acted like Iwas crazy when I called about it. I had no intention of switching out my phone but if no one calls about it it will never be fixed.

Thanks glad I am not the only one

Chris

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I've had tons of bugs since mitt Katy installed about2 weeks ago look at my other posts its very frustrating. Mostly its incompatibility with existing apps.

doogald

Reaction score
well, they acted like Iwas crazy when I called about it. I had no intention of switching out my phone but if no one calls about it it will never be fixed.

Every company that makes phones needs to set up customer support like Apple does it so we don't have to go through the ridiculousness we have to go through now.

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Looks like they finally got the fix in. Had a update and now it works fine Chris

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
What version was yours updated to? I'm on Active Display Version 1.2.8 Still having issues here.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just started having issues with none of my notifications showing up in active display. Reboot of my phone did nothing, unchecked and rechecked the apps in the options and still nothing. Uninstalled Go SMS Pro thinking it was the app and nothing either. Went in and turned off Active Notifications completely and turned it back on 5 minutes later, a day no problems since.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

OP
D

drtnsnw

Reaction score
1.2.8 here also. The only issue I ever had was my email.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Moto is aware of the issue. Seems to only be affecting random users.

Sent from my Eclipsed Moto X DE

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Might have solved the issue on my device.

Go To -->Settings-->Apps-->Active Display
Click force stop,
Uninstall updates,
Then Disable Active Display,

Then enable Active Display,

Go to Google Play and install the updates and you should be able to upswipe to view email.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Fortunately I read reviews about the 1.2.8 update (Feb 27) before downloading. Many, many people reporting that the update broke notifications, so I didn't update.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Even with sleep mode texting is still waking my screen with active display on my Motorola and then it goes back to active display and shows the light text notification symbol it hasnt been working right

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had no luck with "sleep mode" actually working on my Maxx.. So i have to turn active notifications off at night.