Bionic -- POP Email -- HTML (as an attachment) -- not supported

DukeArgos

Reaction score
I receive serveral emails from people where their main email is sent using html.

If those same people also send me a ".txt" file -- the droids receive those emails thinking both the 1) html body of the email and the 2) ".txt" file are both attachments.

When i try to open the html file -- the browser window opens and tries to go to: content://com.motorola.blur.service.email.engine.EmailProvider/bodyparts/file/0/51_4.att

this renders an error: did not match any documents.

I went to the main verizon store in raleigh, nc at briercreek and showed them this error in person. Technicians in the store called the verizon technicians and those technicians called motorola tech support -- motorola tech support responded that .html as attachments -- is not supported on the bionic.

Opening html files that are attachments is possible on my droidx -- and most likely possible all other droids.

Some theroies are that now the browser is firefox instead of ie -- and this is causing it to not work.

Just thought i'd share my frustration...

It is possible to view the html attachment -- but you have to save the attachment and then go to files, find the folder it is saved in and then open it -- just a lot of extra steps that i don't think i should have to do -- especially after paying so much for this phone.

DavePerez

Reaction score
I have been researching this for weeks and am just as frustrated. The one thing that seems to work is to have the email forwarded to your gmail account. The body seems to show there.