Work Around for lack of HTML email on Bionic

DavePerez

Reaction score
I, and many others, have had a problem with non-gmail email that is formatted with HTML appearing as an attachment. Apparently, the Bionic does not support HTML email. You can't view the attachment unless you save it, leave email, open Quick Office, open browse, open internal storage, open messaging, and then open the saved file. Whew, that's a lot of work! I searched for solutions in the forums, but no love.

Fix: Have Gmail fetch your email from other accounts. You need to open gmail from a computer, go to Settings > Accounts and Import, select Check Mail Using POP 3: > Add a POP3 Account You Own. Follow the instructions for your email account. Your email will now show in your gmail account on your phone and computer with the html visible.

Hope that helps!

Dave

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
My Yahoo and Live accounts can do html emails.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
DavePerez

DavePerez

Reaction score
My Yahoo and Live accounts can do html emails.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I think it has to do with how some mail servers send out email. Sometimes the html shows as attachments rather than in the body of the email. I am glad you don't have this irritating issue!!

OP
DavePerez

DavePerez

Reaction score
So, an even better solution!! I downloaded K-9 email client and was waiting to try it because I emailed the developer asking if it would help with this problem. He never responded :frown: and I decided to finally try it anyway. All html shows up for my non-gmail accounts and this is a really good email app. I like the way it displays the 5 email accounts I use. All around a great solution.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
You can try Enhanced Email on the Market as well. It supports HTML and is real versatile. It is $9.99, but worth it especially if you have exchange accounts you need to connect to. In his next version, he is implementing account import/export which means you can restore accounts easily after a hard reset or getting a new phone as the info is stored on the SD card.