Activation problems with Droid Eris

smk1022

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Droid Eris, and when I call *228, it says that it cannot program my phone. I called Customer's Service, and they had me call a bunch of those numbers and they didn't work either. He tried doing it manually, and that didn't work either. I really need this phone right now, for my business, so please help?!

Thank you in advance!:greendroid:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Do you know if the ESN is good?

sent from somewhere...

OP
S

smk1022

Reaction score
No, I'm not sure. I just got it yesterday, and the people at the store didn't really tell me much, and I have not dealt with these phones too often.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but its probably a bad ESN

sent from my ApeX

drifftr6x

Reaction score
please try *22890 to activate is a direct line without being prompted to press 1.

badjedi

Reaction score
The customer service rep should be able to tell you whether your phone has a bad ESN/MEID# after you give it to them.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Just a hint, if you want to skip activation (Which it sounds like the OP needs to activate and use the phone) when on the 'touch Android to begin' page instead of tapping in th emiddle of the screen tap all 4 corners from top left going clockwise and you will bypass activation. This seems to work on all Android phones if you wern;t aware of it.