Yahoo Mail on Droid Eris

smrivera80

Reaction score
Hello, Eris users!

I have a Moto Droid, but my brother has a Droid Eris, so I'm asking this question on his behalf. He is trying to set up his Yahoo mail account, and when he goes through the stock mail app to set up the account as a POP3, it will go through the authentication of the account, but then gives him an error saying that the email cannot be set up and offers the manual setup option. I know Yahoo Mail can be set up on the Moto Droid, but is this not yet a feature for the Eris? Thank you!

T2noob

Reaction score
Yeah yahoo mail only work on the htc mail app if you pay for your email or you have it paid thru att.
I never had a problem because I guess I got the pro version when I bundled att bak in the day.

jprausch

Reaction score
So after I click the link that takes me to slideme, how do I download and install the maildroid? Do I go to that website from my phone and download it from and to there? How do I install it on my phone? (I know it's a dumb question - I'm a brand new Droid owner and am clueless!). Thanks!

Richman

Reaction score
Yahoo mail can be opened/ used on a droid with no additional software or cost:icon_ banana:
1) create a new mail shortcut
2) open new mail shortcut
3) press menu button, select more, New Account
4) Select Other (POP3/IMAP)
5) press manual setup
Incoming Settings
6) Under Protocol drop down select IMAP
7)Email Address- enter yours (remember to shrink the keyboard to see all items)
8) Username - same as your email address
9) Password- your account password
10)IMAP server- imap.mail.yahoo.com
11)Security type- None
12)Server port- 143
13) check login required
14) pressNext
Outgoing Server Settings
15)Username- same as your email
16)password- your password
17)SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
18) Security type- None
19) Server Port- 587
20) press Next
21) Account name- I used my email address
22) Your Name- I used my email address
23) check option to make this my default mail account (ONLY IF YOU WANT IT TO BE!)
24) press finish setup

If you make a mistake you can arrow back to correct.
Also if you have a current account created that is not working, open it press menu,more,settings,account settingsEdit account, make sure it is the one you want to change create, press Next, Then continue from #6 above.

Currently running my Gmail and Ymail accounts on my 2.1 Droid Eris:)

tulips4uus

Reaction score
Richman- thank you! That worked perfect for setting up my yahoo account on my phone! I appreciate it.

rvpartsguy

Reaction score
Richman- thank you! That worked perfect for setting up my yahoo account on my phone! I appreciate it.

also remember yahoo mail will only on 3g, and also Yahoo has actually come out with settings for Android phones, the newest HTC Eris mail client will actually automatically set it up for you ..... (at least on my wifes 2.1leak v2 phone it works this way)

android.imap.mail.yahoo.com