Accidently did a screen shot. But how??

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
There isn't any native way (through the OS or sense) to do a screen shot, right?? I can't figure out how I accidently did this.

I have a bunch of camera apps, might one of them have added such a function?? ? (pixlr, camera zoom, camera 360, picsay, picart, lightbox).

It must be some ancillary function of an app I downloaded.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There isn't any native way (through the OS or sense) to do a screen shot, right?? I can't figure out how I accidently did this.

I have a bunch of camera apps, might one of them have added such a function?? ? (pixlr, camera zoom, camera 360, picsay, picart, lightbox).

Hold down Power and home button

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

dzone67

Reaction score

Wrong, you can ha!

Sent from a Rezound!

Escobar

Reaction score
I did the same thing and I have no idea how. Power and home buttons didn't work for me.

EDIT: nvm got it to work by holding the home button first

OP
bladerunn3r

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Ah yes, I got it to work too! Although I had to hold the power button down first, and then tap home key. Super cool.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I do this all the time. lol. I'm just glad that it has it. Had the bionic and was peeved that to my knowledge, the thing didn't have a native screen shot.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Damned if I can get it to work on mine. If I hit the power button first, it goes to sleep. If I hit the home button first and THEN the power button, it goes to sleep. If I hit them both at the same time, it goes to sleep. I have one damned sleepy phone.

OP
bladerunn3r

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Don't "hit" or "tap" power button - hold it down, then tap home button. Do not release power button before tapping home.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you. That did the trick. Thanks bladerunn3r. dancedroid

Shortnic

Reaction score
Damned if I can get it to work on mine. If I hit the power button first, it goes to sleep. If I hit the home button first and THEN the power button, it goes to sleep. If I hit them both at the same time, it goes to sleep. I have one damned sleepy phone.

On my Rezound I have to hit the volume down button & power up button simultaneously...the home button thing didn't work

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd clear this issue up for anyone who comes across this thread in the future. The Rezound can take screen shots two ways. The first is the native screen shot feature which is power button and home button at the same time. The second is the ICS screen shot feature which is the power button and the volume down button at the same time. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

acejavelin

Reaction score
On my Rezound I have to hit the volume down button & power up button simultaneously...the home button thing didn't work
Unless you are on a 'de-Sensed' ROM, there is no way I know of to disable the native Sense screen shot feature... Press and hold POWER, and before the power menu comes up, tap HOME, it should popup a little notice saying the screenshot was saved. The way you are describing is the standard screenshot capability built into ICS.