deleted the camera by accident

wb1960

Reaction score
After I rooted my phone I was deleting some bloat ware and by accident I hit the camera icon and deleted it. The camera button on the side of phone doesnt turn the camera on anymore. I had to download a camera app and put it on my home screen to make it turn on.
Did I disable the camera button on phone(forever)? How to I get the normal camera icon back and button working

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have no idea how to help you with the Incredible but here's a :bump: for you. Good luck! :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After I rooted my phone I was deleting some bloat ware and by accident I hit the camera icon and deleted it. The camera button on the side of phone doesnt turn the camera on anymore. I had to download a camera app and put it on my home screen to make it turn on.
Did I disable the camera button on phone(forever)? How to I get the normal camera icon back and button working

See if someone out there has a file for the camera they can send to you or return to your original OS and root again.

I don't know about the Incredible either but I'll find it pretty incredible if you guys are rooting without making a backup.

HarshReality

Reaction score
And so we have another example of one of the hazards of rooting [insert creepy *dum* *dum* *dum* sound effect]

1st rule of rooting make a backup and place it in a safe place
2nd rule of rooting if you make changes BEFORE you make changes see rule 1

:)

Not disin' rooting guys. I cant imagine what I would be able to do if I didnt have it. Oh yea... make calls. That would be about it LOL

OP
W

wb1960

Reaction score
phone is now a moto droid x. I failed(again) to mention that

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved to correct sub-forum.