About To Blow a Head Gasket!! :)

db306

Reaction score
Long story short my Droid X just crapped out after falling into a glass of milk (Don't ask). I activated my wife's OG Droid to hold me over until my upgrade. Its running 2.2.2 and I rooted it using super one click (the newest version). My problem is that for the life of me I can't get CWR, SPrecovery, or RZR recovery to stick once I try flashing it. Every time i try to flash one of them, I attempt to boot into recovery and it brings me to the stock recovery. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong ( followed directions for each) but if someone has any ideas I would truly appreciate it before this thing gets tossed out a window! Thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How are you trying to "flash" the recoveries? Seems an easy way would be install Rom Manager and use it to flash either CWR or SPR.

Good luck.

OP
D

db306

Reaction score
How are you trying to "flash" the recoveries? Seems an easy way would be install Rom Manager and use it to flash either CWR or SPR.

Good luck.

I've tried flashing through rom manager both the cwr and sprecovery. Its just seems that they don't want to stick. I've even sbf'ed and tried from a clean install.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's something I wrote a long time ago when I was still using Rom Manager and CWR (hope it helps):

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

OP
D

db306

Reaction score
Here's something I wrote a long time ago when I was still using Rom Manager and CWR (hope it helps):

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

I'll give that a shot. Should I install the 2.5.0.1 or one of the newer ones in the list like 3.1.0.2?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't used CWR since RZR became stable so not sure my advice would be that good. However, I would start with the newest version and see how it works. But "if it was me", I'd do the RZR dot zip about as soon as I got CWR to work. I'd do a nandroid backup immediately and then do the RZR do zip install. But that's just me.....

Good luck.

OP
D

db306

Reaction score
I haven't used CWR since RZR became stable so not sure my advice would be that good. However, I would start with the newest version and see how it works. But "if it was me", I'd do the RZR dot zip about as soon as I got CWR to work. I'd do a nandroid backup immediately and then do the RZR do zip install. But that's just me.....

Good luck.

Sounds good. I'll keep playing around with it.

OP
D

db306

Reaction score
Ok I got recovery to work using the newest version in CWR. Now can I just flash the RZR recovery zip in CWR?

noisyKricket

Reaction score
Yeah now that you've gotten your questions answered... how about explaining how your X jumped in a glass of milk? hehe :p