1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

About liberty and root explorer

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by sohaunted, Mar 7, 2011.

1. sohaunted

sohaunted New Member

So what's the deal with root explorer not being able to mount with the liberty rom? I've tried uninstalling RE and super user but still no luck, everything I've looked up
    sorta ignores the question.
  2. kilahimm

kilahimm New Member

I'm running root explorer without a problem, what exactly are you encountering?
  3. sohaunted

sohaunted New Member

I can switch between r/o and r/w just fine when I'm in the root, but as soon as I enter system it refuses to switch, ive cleared su permissions for RE and re_allowed but to no use. Also reinstalled super user but nothing. Ive found a few threads reguarding the same problem with no answers.

what I'm trying to do is rename the pre installed swype files so I can install the new beta.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. sohaunted

sohaunted New Member

I've yet to rename a single file as I can't switch to r/w, as a matter of fact I have yet to use root explorer to edit a single system file since I purchased it a few months ago. I've been using it primarily as a file manager.
  5. mcp770

mcp770 New Member

Had the same issue until the root explorer update a day or two ago.
  6. sohaunted

sohaunted New Member

Oh I haven't checked for an update ill see if that fixes it, crossing my fingers.
Search tags for this page

droid liberty rom root file explorer