A week with the Bionic - Impartial Review

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Actually, you could resell the phone in a couple months and probably recover most of what you would pay.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
If you really want to see it and don't currently put on the blades of grass live wallpaper and look at the blades of grass moving back and forth. Thats one of the worst cases I have seen.
This is what I saw on the DX2 display model. I was really hoping that the Bionic's display would be better than the DX2's, but they share the same display as well. I also saw fuzzy text (black on white background) while surfing whild holding the DX2 from 12"-18" away from my face. Distracting and unbearable. I wish it looked fine for me like it does for others.

equake

Reaction score
I wonder if they will be unlocking the bootloader like HTC especially now that its become part of Googorola. If rumors has it correct there will be a Droid HD coming out at the end of the year which is a minor update to the Bionic.

redwood

Reaction score
I know it's been said before but it's a trade off....I see the issues with the screen, but it's not a problem for me, especially when I have my phone out in the sun and I can see and read the screen just fine. In that situation the Pentile display kills others - just about every phone I've compared it to fails, including my beloved OG D1.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's a very important improvement to be able to view a phone in the sunlight properly, it's a huge leap in terms of viewing technology. I just find (sadly) that I'm inside a lot more than I am outside due to my work and my social life usually involves being indoors as well. Anytime I'm outside I'm at the beach, boat, running ect... and it's times like that I don't really use my device. So for me, screen quality is more important than being able to view my device in sun light the few times I do use it where there is a glare.

But, everyone has different lifestyles and uses for their devices and that's one thing we can all agree on.

redwood

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean. Not like I live outdoors, but I do bicycle a bit and even just walking down the street from work to get lunch, never being able to see what was on it was frustrating. I always found it more of a pain to try and make or receive calls and especially sms when outside. Now that I can I'm just plain psyched about the fact that it is usable everywhere.

OP
J

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
Different things are more important to different people......That's why it's so great we have so many options.

OP
J

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
I went to check something at lunch today and it was hard to see my original droid screen in the sun. For that minute I missed the Bionic