a question for foxkat

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I have done the meter training on my RAZR twice, and i have restored some of my batteries life. I have two questions.

1. The first ten to twenty percent drains faster than i think it should, is there any other steps i could take to restore it completely?

2. I know it's best to not charge to 100% when the phone is running, but is there any drawback to charging it to 100% with the phone off? Is it bad to do that to often?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have done the meter training on my RAZR twice, and i have restored some of my batteries life. I have two questions.

1. The first ten to twenty percent drains faster than i think it should, is there any other steps i could take to restore it completely?

Its a characteristic of the battery that the first 10% - 15% will drop quickly. The same thing happens in the last 15% or so as well. I've posted a couple threads with the deep explanation. I'll find one and post a link here.

2. I know it's best to not charge to 100% when the phone is running, but is there any drawback to charging it to 100% with the phone off? Is it bad to do that to often?

Bad isn't the best word. It depends on your definition of bad, and what your goal is. If your goal is to get the most runtime during a day because you'll be away from an alternate power source, and you are less concerned that the battery won't last the life of the phone then charging with power off is your best bet.

However if you expect to have this phone for anywhere near the 2 year life expectancy of the battery, and being near power sources during the day isn't a problem, then charging to 100% with power off should be reserved for battery meter trainings and preparation for long excursions away from alternate power sources.

Edit;

Charging to 100% or placing on charge at bedtime with power on and removing at waking, will do no more harm than charging to 100% with power off. Three charging system shuts down automatically once the battery reaches maximum charge, and remains on stand-by till the battery dips to 90%, then starts again to boost back to 100%, once again reverting to stand-by.

Just like above, I'll find the best post about that as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I've read a lot of your more in depth stuff before. So i usually have access to power, on an average day i usually try to leave the house with 70% then by lunch i might be down to 30% depending on usage. So I'm best off throwing it on the charger for a while, boosting it to maybe 60% again to get me through the day. The only reason i asked about charging it to 100% is because it's easier to charge it through the night then waking up at 5 am to plug it in. Lol.