A perfect case for me would...

Cruzincat1

Reaction score
... allow me to still dock on the car unit and the table unit AND block the stupid search button which I seem to be able to touch no matter what I am doing. :mad:

Seriously, is there any way I can turn off that button without resorting to rooting the phone?

th9203

Reaction score
One Idea

that I have not tried would be to put a small piece of electical tape or other opaque tape over the icon. Truth be told, we all hit that :icon_evil: icon.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
... allow me to still dock on the car unit and the table unit AND block the stupid search button which I seem to be able to touch no matter what I am doing. :mad:

Seriously, is there any way I can turn off that button without resorting to rooting the phone?

Can't help ya but I feel your pain. It's especially bad for a southpaw like me who typically holds the phone in my right hand and hits the search button repeatedly with the heel of my palm. I've trained myself to hold the phone higher but it still happens.

This led me to think about the order of the buttons on bottom of the phone. I think I'd prefer to have the "menu" button on the far right where hitting it accidentally would cause the least damage. But again, I'm not sure that would be acceptable to the righties out there.