A fresh take on the Infamous Galaxy Nexus...

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by ThaSurgeonGeneral, Dec 16, 2011.

1. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,338
    y'all have been a wealth of helpful information. It's the could do to say thank you

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

2. ThaSurgeonGeneral

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post...

Yeah, we went with Go Contacts but, its too much delay while opening the app and it kept crashing...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

3. xaelith

xaelith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No worries. I'm sure i've misunderstood others a time or two, myself.

I wasn't too impressed with GO keyboard, either. It supposedly has swype-like functionality, but it only works at certain times. It also got annoying when it'd show word suggestions even when I typed with the physical keyboard. Overall, not very helpful in my opinion.

4. ThaSurgeonGeneral

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, my wife still uses Go Keyboard as her standard keyboard but she doesn't use Swype so, no big deal...

It was Go Contacts that was the issue. Trying to have better contact short dialing ability comes at a loss of compatibility apparently...

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

5. dhvol98

dhvol98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was waiting to get the Nexus and just stumbled upon the Rezound. By far the best phone I have had since my first iphone. I passed on the Nexus because of specs and it just felt cheap to me. Im sure its good under the hood but I dont think it could compair to the Rezound. Best camera on a phone Ive ever seen and no lag when using it to its fullest potential. I had a droid x before this and I will never go moto again due to all the software problems I had. HTC all the way!

6. 1quickv6

1quickv6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And now your bootloader has been unlocked and you have permanent root. Let's hope the Devs jump on your phone and get you some custom ROMS. :)

7. Insidious

Insidious Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Nice review, I'm still having trouble deciding between the Rezound, and Nexus. I think I need to spend more time with both to really formulate an opinion.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

8. cp24eva

cp24eva Member

Ratings:
    +9
    unless you know someone that owns either of the devices you wont get a true feel for the nuances of each. Playing with it in the store doesn't only helps a little, but not alot. You have to really get deep into each phone for about a week. I say buy the phone that you are least inclined to get FIRST, that way when you take it back then you get the phone you really wanted to get initially and you can say you tried the other phone and it wasn't for you. Let's just hope the phone that you traded in the least preferred option for turns out as good as you'd hoped or else you might either be stuck with it or spend X amount of dollars to get the other option back.

9. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    This is actually a great idea. For me, I always wind up getting them all.. eventually...lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
    Peace!

10. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    Yea a quick spin through a phone standing in the store really does nothing. For a device that you may own for 20+ months it is worth taking them home and really getting to know them. It's cool to see how the different mfg's do things like alarm snooze/cancel, how you answer the phone etc. Stuff like that.

11. Calbenzo

Calbenzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the Nexus for a week before switching to the Rezound. I agree with all of the OP's review

Both phones are exceptional but I just couldn't get past the size of the Nexus. Regardless of its' weight, the Nexus felt huge in my pocket, and uncomfortable in my hand. My hands are average sized, but I had to reposition the phone in my hand when reaching to the other side of the screen with my thumb for one handed operation. The wideness and squareness made it feel unnatural to hold whereas the roundness of the back of the Rezound is much more natural even though it is much thicker.

ICS is awesome, and I can't wait for the Rezound to get it. As for the screens, the colors of the amoled screen of the Nexus definitely has more pop. However, when you compare the the two screens side-by-side, looking at a website with a white background, the whites of the Rezound screen are much whiter. The make the Nexus screen look yellow by comparison.

NFC will be great someday, but that is probably at least two year away and by then we can upgrade to the latest and greatest then anyway. Just my two cents! :p

12. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    This is indeed a decent post. I would love to see more of this sort rather than the heavy hate and "mine better" lol..Thanks brother...I was able to use a rezound for a few days. I really love the screen ..HTC has always had this area covered. I have a few HTC devices. And they always seem to be great devices. A few minus factors but over all another top competitor worth checking out. The nexus is to me, the dev device ..this is why I must have it. I know it has to be much better than the nexus S ..I have repaired many of them. They are still amazing. But the improvements on the the Gnex are as well worth a looking into. We really have some decent choices. My only complaint is too many out too soon. Honestly i spend too much trying to keep all of them. Lol. But being a repair guy / retail I do get to play with many devices as well as monitor which are coming in and why...lol peace!

Motorola Droid Razr™
    Peace!