A few questions..

DroiDon

Reaction score
Hey all, just got my Droid X monday. I have a few questions you you all.

I used the Droid for a few days stock, and there were only a few things I liked about it.. One was phone calls while in the car dock showed up in landscape mode, not in portrait mode (which makes it look sidways in the dock). Kinda silly, but I liked how it took advantage of the screens extra real estate. I don't know if that was a feature of the Droid X stock car home app or what. Could it be a blur feature?

Also, another thing I liked was the desk dock app. I liked how you could place your own app shortcuts at the bottom.

I decided to root yesterday, and put Rubix 1.9.0 on my phone. I notice all this is gone. Are there any roms that feature these things, or are all roms for the X built off of the same platform as roms for other phones like the D1 just optimized for the X? I'm sure its more robust than that but what I mean is, the Rubix I'm looking at basically looks and feels like the Bugless Beast I was running on my Droid 1.. Where as the Droid X stock seemed to have several differences.

Thanks for fielding my questions!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think Rubix has a lot of the motoblur stuff removed. Many people don't like blur so the devs tried to remove it. Find a ROM that has blur still in it and should get at least some back.

ROMs for the X are totally different than ROMs for the D1. They aren't just ports optimized for the X.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
DroiDon

DroiDon

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured they weren't actual ports, just the best way for me to explain how they looked to me I guess.

So those are all blur features, gotcha. Thats what I was sort of suspecting.. Thanks for the confirmation! dancedroid

Last edited:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Download the newest Apex rom and you can pick an choose between blur and aosp features..

For example

Su
Messaging -mot

would be stock messaging.. -mod would be aosp.. im sure it works for dialer also..

Any questions just post here or pm me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Apex actually runs the stock dialer though so you have no worries

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App