A few issues on UD 3.0

altimax98

Reaction score
Im on a original droid and I've got a few weird issues with the newest release... Not really ud issues but gingerbread issues..

1. Some widgets do not update..

2. I use a density of 200 (manually edited in the build prop) and on every other release and rom 90% of apps resize to full screen... On this one none do and its bad.

3. Aggressive task manager.. I use widget locker and even if I set the notification bar setting to keep it running, it will be killed in minutes.

Anyone else have issues like this with gingerbread?

Sent from one of those missing Droids

Reaction score
I am having a few major force close issues. The music app especially!! It only works in landscape, if I turn my phone portrait mode while listening to music/in the music app it force closes.
It may be a bad .zip that I flashed, but is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my ham radio

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Ya the music app is waaay messed up. If you get a different one from the market tho it'll work fine

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Power Amp's been working fine. But my phone has randomly rebooted about 6 times today, and it was doing the same thing yesterday.

Anyone else?

Sent from my ham radio

Fluey18

Reaction score
I haven't had any reboots, but my battery apparently went from 80% to 20% and then back to 60%. That was weird. Also I have an icon in my app drawer that says Videos but nothing happens when I try to open it and if I try deleting it my phone tries to uninstall Music. Again, very weird.

Sent from me.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I haven't had any reboots, but my battery apparently went from 80% to 20% and then back to 60%. That was weird. Also I have an icon in my app drawer that says Videos but nothing happens when I try to open it and if I try deleting it my phone tries to uninstall Music. Again, very weird.

Sent from me.

its not weird, videos is a part of the music app, just like if you try to uninstallrenderfx it tries to uninstall ud extras....cause its part of that ap.

OP
A

altimax98

Reaction score
The 3.0 music works pretty good for me... But does anyone notice some annoying changes from 2.2? I noticed some good and bad stuff... Like when you move an app from external to internal you don't have to reboot to get the app working as a widget...

But apps don't resize, widgets don't refresh sometimes, and the task killer is a real pain... but yet the os is the fastest ive ever seen and no redraws

Sent from one of those missing Droids

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
for a music app install the honeycomb music app and use root explorer or adb or terminal to remove the current music app from system/app.

Fluey18

Reaction score
its not weird, videos is a part of the music app, just like if you try to uninstallrenderfx it tries to uninstall ud extras....cause its part of that ap.

Huh, don't know why I didn't realize that. Thanks.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Interesting, the only issue I noticed on mine asside from the music player is that the 3G doesn't always work and I have to reboot to get it working again. That and I didn't notice any real speed gains from froyo @ 1.2ghz to this rom at the same. I will add that I haven't been able to run quadrant on 3.0 either... it stops at the 3D rendering portion everytime, but linpack is only showing it at just under 16mflops! even tacked out at 1.2ghz only.. I'm going to try another kernel and get compcache working and try it again, but battery life with the last set of slayher kernels was amazing and I didn't want to update lol.

Reaction score
for a music app install the honeycomb music app and use root explorer or adb or terminal to remove the current music app from system/app.

Raffica - are you referring to this?
I installed it yesterday, but it uses a LOT of RAM.