A Droid X vs Incredible replacement question

MacPhobia

Reaction score
Hey there,
I bought an awesome Droid X about a month ago, and I love it, but I heard it's a bit sluggish compared to other Android phones. I looked at the Inc. for a while but never considered buying it before I got the X.
I think I have buyers remorse, because I really think I should have bought the Inc. instead. I have an extra insurance plan verizon gave me, so if my X breaks I can receive a new one, but do you think I could get a Inc. as an replacement instead? Does the insurance plan get you the exact same phone back, or possibly a phone of equal value if you want to? I don't like the laggyness of some parts of the X, should I bother getting a replacement Inc? Is the Inc better?

Is there a way for me to trade in my X for an Inc, without getting a new 2 yr contract or paying a large sum of money?

Sorry guys, I just need some reinforcement on my decision of buying the X, and wanted to know if the Inc could be a better choice.

P.S. I bought an accessory pack with the X (it includes hdmi cable, dock, case, etc.) and if I end up getting an Inc, how would I replace the X accessories?

lewblue83

Reaction score
Hey there,
I bought an awesome Droid X about a month ago, and I love it, but I heard it's a bit sluggish compared to other Android phones. I looked at the Inc. for a while but never considered buying it before I got the X.
I think I have buyers remorse, because I really think I should have bought the Inc. instead. I have an extra insurance plan verizon gave me, so if my X breaks I can receive a new one, but do you think I could get a Inc. as an replacement instead? Does the insurance plan get you the exact same phone back, or possibly a phone of equal value if you want to? I don't like the laggyness of some parts of the X, should I bother getting a replacement Inc? Is the Inc better?

Is there a way for me to trade in my X for an Inc, without getting a new 2 yr contract or paying a large sum of money?

Sorry guys, I just need some reinforcement on my decision of buying the X, and wanted to know if the Inc could be a better choice.

P.S. I bought an accessory pack with the X (it includes hdmi cable, dock, case, etc.) and if I end up getting an Inc, how would I replace the X accessories?

I have a brand new Droid Incredible ill trade you, its unused, and ill include the 2150mah battery with back cover, also unused and a brand new speck case.

let me know. also where are you located?

OP
MacPhobia

MacPhobia

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a brand new Droid Incredible ill trade you, its unused, and ill include the 2150mah battery with back cover, also unused and a brand new speck case.

let me know. also where are you located?

Hmm, I live in Washinton, but I'm a bit squeamish about taking out my SIM card, it's pretty hidden in the X. I was just wondering on anybody's take on replacing it with Verizon's service.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
None of the Droids on Verizon use a SIM card. None of the phones on Verizon use a SIM card, period.

You'd have to call Verizon to deactivate and then activate the new phone, should you two switch.

lewblue83

Reaction score
Exactly. Verizon doesn't use sim cards. Just call Verizon with the esn number to switch phones. It's easy and free.

OP
MacPhobia

MacPhobia

Reaction score
You sure it's free? So, I just buy an Incredible and activate it, deactivate my X, and I'm good?

Well, I'm low on budget now, so is there any cheaper way to replace my X with a Incredible? Would insurance still replace my X with an Incredible?

lewblue83

Reaction score
Yup free to activate your number on a different phone.

No insurance will not replace your x with an incredible. Are you close to Seattle?

OP
MacPhobia

MacPhobia

Reaction score
Well, I live near Tacoma area, so about 1 1/2 away from Space Needle, yeah.

But I don't know if I can trade now, 'cause my X just crashed and won't start up again. No charging no battery pull no nothing. Just won't turn back on. I don't know what happened, other than a small dent I got on the top of the phone a couple weeks ago.
I'm not THAT disappointed though, because I backed up my whole phone earlier this week.
I don't know if it will start up again soon, but I think I'll take it to Verizon and see what they can do. Can I take advantage of this moment and get a new Incredible instead?

P.S. I don't think you would have wanted my X. It was in poor condition.

lewblue83

Reaction score
Well, I live near Tacoma area, so about 1 1/2 away from Space Needle, yeah.

But I don't know if I can trade now, 'cause my X just crashed and won't start up again. No charging no battery pull no nothing. Just won't turn back on. I don't know what happened, other than a small dent I got on the top of the phone a couple weeks ago.
I'm not THAT disappointed though, because I backed up my whole phone earlier this week.
I don't know if it will start up again soon, but I think I'll take it to Verizon and see what they can do. Can I take advantage of this moment and get a new Incredible instead?

P.S. I don't think you would have wanted my X. It was in poor condition.

well. if you ever happened to "lose" your poor condition droid X. call your insurance, make a claim, pay the 89 dollar deductible, they ship you a brand new droid x next day air. then if you REALLY want an incredible. sell your newly acquired droid X for 550, should sell quickly, then buy an incredible.

problem solved.

OP
MacPhobia

MacPhobia

Reaction score
I REALLY want an Incredible, but I don't want to sell a new Droid X on my own. Ebay-ing was never a strong point for me :). I'll just head to Verizon and ask about getting the Incredible tomorrow.

But what am I going to do about all of these used Droid X accessories?

lewblue83

Reaction score
I REALLY want an Incredible, but I don't want to sell a new Droid X on my own. Ebay-ing was never a strong point for me :). I'll just head to Verizon and ask about getting the Incredible tomorrow.

But what am I going to do about all of these used Droid X accessories?

forget ebay! their fees are insane lately.

use craigslist, its free and local.

and sell the droid X accessories as well. its really not hard. ive sold stuff before and i had them meet me at a verizon store to make the exchange.. so its safe and public. dont meet up in a dark alley, or at someones house lol.

you can ask verizon about getting you in to an incredible but i doubt youll get anywhere with that.

boblinfoto

Reaction score
Hey there,

If I were you, I'd hang onto your DroidX. I had an HTC Incredible for 28 days. Turned it in on the 29th day and ordered the DX. One of my reason was while sitting my Dinc next to my son's, I was at 85% power, and he was at 50%, yet he had an hour more talk time and an hour more internet time than I did.He had a 3 month old Droid, not even a Droid X. That convinced me to switch. I heard other things from his room mate who sells cell phone for a living, which also figured into my decision to trade in the Dinc and go for the DroidX.

OP
MacPhobia

MacPhobia

Reaction score
It don't matter anymore, cause it's dead. I'm making a switch to a new phone, and I thought the Inc. would be the best to try out. Besides, I'll get a super extended battery anyway :).

boblinfoto

Reaction score
It don't matter anymore, cause it's dead. I'm making a switch to a new phone, and I thought the Inc. would be the best to try out. Besides, I'll get a super extended battery anyway :).

Want to buy an extra battery? I had purchased one from (I think) Seidio, and I'd like to unload it. I used it for 3 weeks off and on as backup to my battery that came with the Dinc. Let me know. It ran me 45. make me an offer....