A couple of real newbie questions...

stevej2001

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your help.

I've just bought a samsung galaxy s3, having moved from the iPhone land and am struggling to get up to speed.

One of the first things I noticed was on the screen saver (not the lock screen), the time and temperature at "airport" is shown. I've tried to find how to modify the weather item as it's certainly not at the airport in my town (the temp is far different). I could find how to modify the lock screen but not the screen saver. I've poked around in Settings but not found anything. Does anyone know how to do it?

Secondly, is there a way to eliminate the confirmation screen when deleting emails?

More generically, is there a good reference on how ICS works (from a user perspective, I don't want to develop apps)? The online Verizon documentation isn't much use.

Finally, a comment. I'm certainly not an apple fanboy, since I just switched to the other side of the fence, but I've already seen several apps crash. Is this typical? Is it because I've got a lot running (I know how to kill programs but don't know when to do so)? Is it because ICS is relatively new and some apps aren't fully compatible?

Thanks again!

Mamba94

Reaction score
On the first question, if you are referring to the default weather/clock widget there should be a little refresh icon at the bottom right corner of the widget. That should update the weather based on your current location.

The 2nd item if you go into settings in the gmail app or the regular email app there is a check box for confirm deletes, if you uncheck the box that will remove the confirmation.

I have not had any crashes on my s3 yet. It could be that you have some app installed that is not ics compatible??