app to set an amount of time for security lockscreen to kick in?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by EVILOLIVE, Apr 9, 2010.

1. EVILOLIVE

EVILOLIVE New Member

I've been searching the store, but can't find anything. I really want to be able to tell the security lock screen when to activate - like I can tell it when the screen timeout should activate. I want to be able to timeout my screen by pressing the top button without the security lock screen automatically activating - and be able to set it to come on a certain number of minutes after timeing out the screen.

Does anyone know of an app that will do this?
  2. slinky

slinky New Member

This ridiculous oversight has not been fixed by Motorola. However a clever guy created myLock, which will remove the screen entirely. He's responsibe and I think here so you can suggest a time based feature.
  3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

4. stanrc

stanrc New Member

You are looking for AutoLock. It lets you put a delay on the lock screen while maintaining the default lock mechanism of the phone. Once the screen dims and you hit the button to turn the screen on within the time limit set by AutoLock then you just swipe, no need to unlock with pattern. But if you let your phone sit long enough for the AutoLock to kick in then it will require the pattern be entered next time you use your phone.

Apps like myLock are nice but they usually remove the default swipe screen which means that any button will unlock the screen. Some people don't mind that, but I'm not a fan.
  5. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

I actually discussed a feature to set a time delay in association with it's main feature of bypassing the lock screen with the dev. He said it's in the works for a future release. :icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page

android auto lock after time limit

ipad app timer lock after a certain time

lg revolution lock screen

lg revolution security screen time setting