1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

6633423 message on the Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by mxz71, Jan 30, 2010.

1. mxz71

mxz71 New Member

I have been getting this message on my Droid for a few weeks now... I have just recently discovered that this message comes through only when I get a new email to my Hotmail account which I have set up on my phone. The message is just a bunch of code nonsense but I can open my email and view it still. How can I get this notification to stop?
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

are you a former Alltell customer?

If you were reactivate your old phone and delete the email account.

If you don't have the old handset call tech support and have them open a ticket and have them contact whoever runs that server and have them remove the email account.

It's basically a push notification from the server to client notifying it of new email message.

If you were not a former Alltell customer. Then it's from a previous phone you were using with VZW. (non pda/smartphone.)

In closing you need to call the cell company that was providing the service on your previous phone and have them stop the email alerts.