65-Inch Android Tablet Could Be Future Evolution of WhiteBoard High-Tech

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;0X1NyZRX_Tk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0X1NyZRX_Tk[/video]​

It looks like 'Andy' may be even bigger than we originally thought... literally. A Turkish company, called Ardic, is working on a prototype 65 Inch Android Tablet, that could be the future of high-tech whiteboards for educators and corporate presentations. Right now, their prototype has to work through an actual normal sized Android tablet hooked through an HDMI cable; however, they have several of the touch features already implemented on the giant tablet. It can already handle two touch inputs and simple gestures like pinch to zoom, and their plan is to add more touch inputs and be able to support full multitouch eventually.

Eventually it's not hard to see this tech evolving beyond just the obvious education and presentation venue, to include interactive retail billboards, construction or military planning, and more. You can check out the video above of the tech demonstrated.

Update: Apparently, our good man Shadez had already posted about this tablet a few days ago. I guess great minds think alike! ;) Here is his OG post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/182440-worlds-biggest-android-tablet-65-inch.html

Source: AndroidTablets.net via PhoneArena

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Yes, and no. Whiteboards can get much bigger than 65". In a large room, a larger screen is much better and a projector can easily be moved to make it bigger. You only have to worry about the surface of the white board to be as big as you need. Those are easier to scale up without increasing cost much. Still cool though. I'd like to have a 32" one in my house for my daughter. She's five and I think would be a great tool for school work as she gets older.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I can't imagine it would be good for your eyes to be that close to an illuminated screen. :icon_eek:

crazynikka

Reaction score
I think it would be easier and cheaper just to hook a smaller tablet up to a projector, because a projectors image can be much larger than 65 inches and a 65 inch screen might not be all that big in a classroom type setting.

Although it is a pretty sweet idea.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it would be easier and cheaper just to hook a smaller tablet up to a projector, because a projectors image can be much larger than 65 inches and a 65 inch screen might not be all that big in a classroom type setting.

Although it is a pretty sweet idea.

The only problem here is lack of a touch screen

Yes, and no. Whiteboards can get much bigger than 65". In a large room, a larger screen is much better and a projector can easily be moved to make it bigger. You only have to worry about the surface of the white board to be as big as you need. Those are easier to scale up without increasing cost much. Still cool though. I'd like to have a 32" one in my house for my daughter. She's five and I think would be a great tool for school work as she gets older.

They could use multiple screens... who knows maybe sometime soon these tablets will be able to handle multi output, then they could do two 85" screens or something, who knows. maybe some sort of "motion sense" projection so you can make it bigger...cool idea though

Eric18

Reaction score
This is awesome!!!!! Can't wait for the future of Tech. and Android!!!!! I have a feeling that the stuff that was in the Corning video "A Day Made of Glass" is coming sooner than we think, The Samsung Skin Tech., Vizoo 3-D Holographic Tech. and other 3-D Holographic Tech., more and more appliances gaining Android, on top of other things................:icon_ lala: cant wait, the future is BRIGHT for Technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
In a large room, a larger screen is much better and a projector can easily be moved to make it bigger.

The ability to zoom in/out on the tablet will enable you to adjust the size of the subject matter on the screen, helping to mitigate problems with visibility.

jakethesnake77

Reaction score
If they give it a front facing camera it would reek of Orwell's 1984

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid 3.0