1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

65-Inch Android Tablet Could Be Future Evolution of WhiteBoard High-Tech

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Nov 17, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

It looks like 'Andy' may be even bigger than we originally thought... literally. A Turkish company, called Ardic, is working on a prototype 65 Inch Android Tablet, that could be the future of high-tech whiteboards for educators and corporate presentations. Right now, their prototype has to work through an actual normal sized Android tablet hooked through an HDMI cable; however, they have several of the touch features already implemented on the giant tablet. It can already handle two touch inputs and simple gestures like pinch to zoom, and their plan is to add more touch inputs and be able to support full multitouch eventually.

Eventually it's not hard to see this tech evolving beyond just the obvious education and presentation venue, to include interactive retail billboards, construction or military planning, and more. You can check out the video above of the tech demonstrated.

Update: Apparently, our good man Shadez had already posted about this tablet a few days ago. I guess great minds think alike! ;) Here is his OG post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/182440-worlds-biggest-android-tablet-65-inch.html

Source: AndroidTablets.net via PhoneArena
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Yes, and no. Whiteboards can get much bigger than 65". In a large room, a larger screen is much better and a projector can easily be moved to make it bigger. You only have to worry about the surface of the white board to be as big as you need. Those are easier to scale up without increasing cost much. Still cool though. I'd like to have a 32" one in my house for my daughter. She's five and I think would be a great tool for school work as she gets older.
  3. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

I can't imagine it would be good for your eyes to be that close to an illuminated screen. :icon_eek:
  4. Lars

Lars New Member

5. azules9780

azules9780 New Member

That was pretty cool.
  6. crazynikka

crazynikka New Member

I think it would be easier and cheaper just to hook a smaller tablet up to a projector, because a projectors image can be much larger than 65 inches and a 65 inch screen might not be all that big in a classroom type setting.

Although it is a pretty sweet idea.
  7. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

The only problem here is lack of a touch screen

They could use multiple screens... who knows maybe sometime soon these tablets will be able to handle multi output, then they could do two 85" screens or something, who knows. maybe some sort of "motion sense" projection so you can make it bigger...cool idea though
  8. Eric18

Eric18 New Member

This is awesome!!!!! Can't wait for the future of Tech. and Android!!!!! I have a feeling that the stuff that was in the Corning video "A Day Made of Glass" is coming sooner than we think, The Samsung Skin Tech., Vizoo 3-D Holographic Tech. and other 3-D Holographic Tech., more and more appliances gaining Android, on top of other things................:icon_ lala: cant wait, the future is BRIGHT for Technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

The ability to zoom in/out on the tablet will enable you to adjust the size of the subject matter on the screen, helping to mitigate problems with visibility.
  10. jakethesnake77

jakethesnake77 New Member

If they give it a front facing camera it would reek of Orwell's 1984

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid 3.0