605 sbf

leftspin

Reaction score
any chance that just happened to you on VorteX?

it did the same thing to me earlier this evening

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What did you use to change the carrier text? Root Tools has never given me any issues with that

Boot Manager

leftspin

Reaction score
I had been using the VorteX Toolbox app that came with the ROM but I figured out why mine bootlooped, it was unrelated

leftspin

Reaction score
flashed a theme that was for the wrong version of VorteX. When I rebooted for my changes to take effect I also booted into CWM to flash the theme and then bootlooped :|

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
I don't what happened to mine, I've rebooted a few times, but I tried to boot into recovery and got bootloop, using boot from power menu

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
I think I know what happened, I never flashed CWM in ROM manager and I think that's why I bootlooped when tryingvto get to recovery

leftspin

Reaction score
I think I know what happened, I never flashed CWM in ROM manager and I think that's why I bootlooped when tryingvto get to recovery

That shouldn't matter, you don't need to flash CWR every time you install a new ROM because it doesn't get erased

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
Hmmm well I'm stumped then, running SSX ATM but haven't tried to boot to recovery yet

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try flashing an older recovery. I had to flash 2.5.0.7 to get it to work on my phone. The later ones don't work for me

Boot Manager

leftspin

Reaction score
I always use the 2nd init version even though I don't use 2nd init ROMs anymore and it never gives me trouble

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but a few months ago it worked fine. Now I can't use any recovery except the old one.

Boot Manager

leftspin

Reaction score
I don't know why, but a few months ago it worked fine. Now I can't use any recovery except the old one.

Boot Manager

It's unlikely but it may have something to do with boot manager. Just a thought.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a way you can flash a recovery image in RSDLite, have you tried that?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's unlikely but it may have something to do with boot manager. Just a thought.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a way you can flash a recovery image in RSDLite, have you tried that?

No, it did it before Boot Manager too. It doesn't really bother me too much any more though. The only reason I would care is if I used ROM Manager Premium. But there isn't anything in there that I want to download. It would make me mad if I still used it for Froyo kernel CM nightlies

Boot Manager