Droid X Help!

cirebrains45

Reaction score
Alright, so I messed up. I tried to SBF my 621 device down to 605 (stupid mistake, I know) and now it's stuck in the bootloader. The screen reads as follows:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery Low
Cannot Program

My main concern is that I'm unsure whether or not my phone is charging. After that it's a matter of exactly how to get it back to factory state. It was in factory state prior to trying to SBF it down to 605. Shouldn't I be able to just flash it with 621? Or is there another fix?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. I moved your thread to the Droid X Hacks section.

And as far as I know, the Droid X will not be charging when it is stuck in bootloader mode (at least it did not when I had it). What you will most likely have to do is get a battery, or charge yours somehow, and then try to run the .621 SBF.

leftspin

Reaction score
JSM is absolutely right, the phone will not charge while in bootloader mode. You have a couple different options here, but you will need to get a charged battery before moving forward:

1. Acquire a factory programming cable which will charge the phone as long as it's plugged in, no matter what (probably difficult/expensive)
2. Find someone else with a Droid X and charge the battery in their phone
3. Order/buy a new battery, hope it has enough charge in it out of the box to flash the phone
4. Order/buy a standalone battery charger, charge the battery with it

Once you've done one of those things, you will need to flash the .621 sbf file or the Milestone .604 file if you want to root