4G Observation that I've noticed.....

stead2120

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but I've noticed that my 4G LTE reception is much better once my Galaxy is charged up fully. When it was around 50 percent, my 4G kept on going in and out between 4G and 3G. Now keep in mind, the area that I work in is in the boonies. When I go home, I have 4 bars fully of 4G charged or not charged. I just thought this was interesting. Thanks guys.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
interesting observation. My signal is pretty consistent regardless of battery life. Do you happen to be in the same area when you're at full battery and half battery?

OP
S

stead2120

Reaction score
interesting observation. My signal is pretty consistent regardless of battery life. Do you happen to be in the same area when you're at full battery and half battery?

Yes, it's weird, maybe i'm looking too much into it. I also think that I'm in an area where I'm on the borderline of 4G and 3G. My home is in a 4G area though, I have no issues, 4 Full bars 97 percent of the time.

OP
S

stead2120

Reaction score

Yes, it's weird, maybe i'm looking too much into it. I also think that I'm in an area where I'm on the borderline of 4G and 3G. My home is in a 4G area though, I have no issues, 4 Full bars 97 percent of the time.

wolstonc

Reaction score
In a perhaps related note, when I'm in class for several hours, my phone gets HOT. Not a little hot like it does when you use it a while, but super hot even though its asleep the whole time. I think its related to the difficulty of finding a signal in a 3 story university building. Its super hot, like hot through a jean pocket. I get concerned and turn it off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In a perhaps related note, when I'm in class for several hours, my phone gets HOT. Not a little hot like it does when you use it a while, but super hot even though its asleep the whole time. I think its related to the difficulty of finding a signal in a 3 story university building. Its super hot, like hot through a jean pocket. I get concerned and turn it off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Yup definitely struggling to find a signal. You're not getting a good signal so turning your phone off or putting it to airplane mode is wisest. Or connecting to a wifi network if possible will help too.