4G Network

synctek

Reaction score
I keep hearing about the cell networks like Verizon and sprint talking about 4G. I remember being with Sprint when they launched the 3G and not having a 3G phone :mad:

When I moved to VZ I ended up with the 1st gen Chocolate and then to the Dare - both 3G. So anyone know when VZ is going to roll out 4G and will the Droid take advantage of the speed - is it a 4G capable phone?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Droid won't support 4g, the hardware isn't capable of it.

I'm happy with 3g to be honest, this is my first data phone and i love it. Just having faster service won't make much of a difference to me, this 3g is plenty fast.

Zippster

Reaction score
More then likely by the time 4g hits the market with alot of the bugs worked out, you'll be ready for a new phone anyways.

johnatthebar

Reaction score
Im figuring it will be the better part of a year before 4GH is launched. When it does, there is a solid chance that as much as they would like to roll it our network wide it will go to their largest markets first. Either way, this leaves most people another 1 year upgrade by the time 4g comes to your area...maybe a new every 2 if you live in the stix.

Kineo

Reaction score
Im figuring it will be the better part of a year before 4GH is launched. When it does, there is a solid chance that as much as they would like to roll it our network wide it will go to their largest markets first. Either way, this leaves most people another 1 year upgrade by the time 4g comes to your area...maybe a new every 2 if you live in the stix.

I live in the stix that sux I want the droid with 4g:motdroidvert:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
4G is going to be sweeeeet, and so will the Android phones that will be available by the time Verizon offers it.

Kineo

Reaction score
4G is going to be sweeeeet, and so will the Android phones that will be available by the time Verizon offers it.
yes it will i just hope that the 4g droid wont come out right after i get the droid that would make me mad

Cool3stNERD

Reaction score
yes it will i just hope that the 4g droid wont come out right after i get the droid that would make me mad

If it is Within the 30day or 14day which ever it is That would be my Que to take it back and get the new one lol... but i however should be getting the Droid within the next 2 weeks... I am tryin to switch from t-Mobile.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

If it is Within the 30day or 14day which ever it is That would be my Que to take it back and get the new one lol... but i however should be getting the Droid within the next 2 weeks... I am tryin to switch from t-Mobile.

Verizon's 4g (LTE) network is a long ways off from being rolled out as the standard. You won't be within a one year window of buying the phone, much less 30 days.

Kineo

Reaction score

Verizon's 4g (LTE) network is a long ways off from being rolled out as the standard. You won't be within a one year window of buying the phone, much less 30 days.

good because I have the droid now and it is unbeatable.

Samckaz

Reaction score
Funny that

Nobody is mentioning the speeds that we are gonna get with Verizo 4g LTE, are you ready?......50 to 60 Mbps! Could you imagine future Android phones with WiFi tether and these kind of speeds!?
Me thinks folks will be cancelling their home cable or dsl.
S W E E T.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
Nobody is mentioning the speeds that we are gonna get with Verizo 4g LTE, are you ready?......50 to 60 Mbps! Could you imagine future Android phones with WiFi tether and these kind of speeds!?
S W E E T.

Problem is that is network speed not internet speed. During CES TWIT found that VZW 3G was faster internet wise than Sprint 4G.

Kineo

Reaction score
S W E E T.

If that's the truth then you couldent even blink before a new page has loaded and all other phones will bow before the droid 2 whatever it may be. And maby we will be able to have a droid that is moble brodband capable with the ability to be on the phone at the same time.

Last edited: