4G in Michigan and other places, how far out?

loki993

Reaction score
Ok, as of right now we only have 4g in Detroit. Apparently soon we will also have it in Grand rapids, Flint and Saginaw I believe. Ok. Heres the question though.

How far does it extend? Whats the coverage like? If you look at the map on the V$ website all if shows for 4g it dots on the cities that have it. Not very helpful.

I mean I'm gearing this towards the Detroit area because thats where I'm at but anyone near a 4g area could use their experience with it as an example.

So I guess obviously the city is covered, right, but does it extend out beyond the city proper any is what I'm asking.

I mean wahtever happens my next phone will be a 4g phone, I just dont have to be in a super hurry to get one. Especially if I cant even use the 4g.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. On map it shows Boston, MA, but it also covers about a 25 mile surrounding radius of Boston. I live 10 miles north of Boston and I'm in 4G coverage at all times.

If you go to a Verizon store they have a map that shows the areas covered in your area, not just the dot on the large city.

Last edited:
OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. On map it shows Boston, MA, but it also covers about a 25 mile surrounding radius of Boston. I live 10 miles north of Boston and I'm in 4G coverage at all times.

If you go to a Verizon store they have a map that shows the areas covered in your area, not just the dot on the large city.

Ill have to go check that out thanks. Yeah I was just talking to someone here at work too. Someone here has a Tbolt and they get 4g in Sterling Heights which is about 25 miles outside of Detroit.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i get 4g in walled lake...that's about...30 some miles from downtown detroit.

Droid101

Reaction score
Just go to coverage locater on the verizon site and select 4G itll show the coverage your looking for.