4G a bunch of Hooey??

JVince

Reaction score
He's right. I had a network guru co-worker in our office yesterday talking about the same thing. 4G is tossed around pretty freely (and incorrectly) but Verizon's LTE seems to easily be the best of the bunch so far. I hereby retract all statements of "4G" and substitute "Long Term Evolution" :D

BigNunz6

Reaction score
4G LTE in NYC is amazingly fast and yes battery drain is also fast..

archaic

Reaction score
Rochester, ny here. 4G speeds of 12-16 mbps. On my og Droid, 3G was lucky to hit .5 mbps.
Most of the time my phones connection is faster than time warner cable

Thunderbolted!

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Rochester, ny here. 4G speeds of 12-16 mbps. On my og Droid, 3G was lucky to hit .5 mbps.
Most of the time my phones connection is faster than time warner cable

Thunderbolted!

Funny you mention time warner...when I'm home I don't even connect to wireless anymore...its just as fast...:)

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
speedtest.net web site doesn't have any flaws, the app for android can't tell correct upload speeds on lte network.

the web site works fine.

droidlady05

Reaction score
speedtest.net web site doesn't have any flaws, the app for android can't tell correct upload speeds on lte network.

the web site works fine.

Okay, thanks for the clarification! Hopefully, everyone that keeps posting speed results for their TB is using the mobile web and not the app.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Pumaro

Reaction score
Using skyfire I ran the speedtest.net on my thunderbolt and got these results...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1241678278.png
sent via ThunderBolt

Please do this same test with speakeasy.net. I read somewhere that speedtest.net has a flaw. I'm curious to see the difference. Thank you in advance!

Well I ran the speakeasy speedtest and got 35mbps down and 5. Something up. I wish there was a way to get a screen capture because this is my best result to date.
I guess I should root the phone but I don't want to mess with a good thing.

sent via ThunderBolt

droidlady05

Reaction score
Using skyfire I ran the speedtest.net on my thunderbolt and got these results...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1241678278.png
sent via ThunderBolt

Please do this same test with speakeasy.net. I read somewhere that speedtest.net has a flaw. I'm curious to see the difference. Thank you in advance!

Well I ran the speakeasy speedtest and got 35mbps down and 5. Something up. I wish there was a way to get a screen capture because this is my best result to date.
I guess I should root the phone but I don't want to mess with a good thing.

sent via ThunderBolt

Pumaro, Thanks!

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I have to agree with the OP. I have been on LTE in Vegas and something is definitely fishy there. its in and out and acts oddly. I get back to LA and its like butter.