Does the facebook app require 4g?

Suuperflie

Reaction score
My sister has a TB and I'm thinking of getting one, but she says that she gets force close errors when she tries to log into facebook on 3g. Is this a bug or just the way the phone works? Also, other than voice and data, what else can you not do on 3g that you can on 4g?? My area won't have 4g for at least another year.

dafischman

Reaction score
My sister has a TB and I'm thinking of getting one, but she says that she gets force close errors when she tries to log into facebook on 3g. Is this a bug or just the way the phone works? Also, other than voice and data, what else can you not do on 3g that you can on 4g?? My area won't have 4g for at least another year.

Sounds like a bug in her phone. I would see if she can uninstall the facebook app and redownload and install it, or do a factory reset. Facebook definitely works on 3G as we only have 3G in my area and I have no problems. Also, the Thunderbolt can do voice & data over 3G. It's not marketed, but it does have the capability. It's the only phone as of right now on VZW that can do it. I tested it the first time last night and worked flawlessly. As far as things you can't do, I'm not sure, other than have extremely fast speeds, but you can always use wifi for higher speeds as well.

Josh