Droid X2 or 4G?

LDB415

Reaction score
I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and was thinking 4G but have read a bunch of horror stories about the 4G not working well, often more poorly than a 3G phone, so I'm thinking the X2 may be a better idea.

droidxethan

Reaction score
No don't be silly get a 4g phone so u can keep the unlimited plan verizon is starting tiered data on 7/7 u can always use 3g if the 4g network goes down

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

John Gi

Reaction score
I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and was thinking 4G but have read a bunch of horror stories about the 4G not working well, often more poorly than a 3G phone, so I'm thinking the X2 may be a better idea.
IMO, i would get a 4g phone if its available or will be available soon, locally im doing a deal with someone to buy their x2 for 200

Elite49

Reaction score
It honestly depends, what will you use your phone for? For me I think 4G is as gimmicky as the Wii is. Are people really that impatient? My 3G speeds are fine here.

Mavic

Reaction score
It honestly depends, what will you use your phone for? For me I think 4G is as gimmicky as the Wii is. Are people really that impatient? My 3G speeds are fine here.

+1

If you think about it, almost every public place you go to now (schools, airports, coffee shops, your house (assumingly)) has wifi. Remember to save all the profiles everywhere you go and your phone will automatcally switch to it. Plus, 4G is a battery killer compared to wifi/3g.

myriad46

Reaction score

+2. Buy a phone for the phone, not the data speed. There are also the rumors that you'll be able to upgrade later and keep your unlimited plan, as long as you have any smartphone plan prior to tiered data going into effect. (I hope this is true).

srvctec

Reaction score

+3 Love my DX2 I got a week ago. Also, another thing to think about that I read on another forum somewhere is that once 4G gets more popular and more people use it, 3G will be freed up so speeds on it will be even faster. I really see no need for 4G unless you're going to be watching YouTube 24/7 while downloading music, surfing the web and talking on the phone while texting.

RUSirius

Reaction score

Ad one more to the list! (+4) I have yet to find anything (so far) that I need more speed for downloading.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
If I were you, leave VZ and go to Sprint.
I really want to do that right now.
I have nothing against VZ, but they seem to be falling behind. Phone wise that is, since nothing compares to VZ's 3G and 4G

The EVO3D makes me drool.
But my Droid X will do for now, running fast as always.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
No don't be silly get a 4g phone so u can keep the unlimited plan verizon is starting tiered data on 7/7 u can always use 3g if the 4g network goes down

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Some sites are suggesting there are no longer going to be any "4g" "3g" plans. As long as you had an unlimited data plan you can switch to a 4g device after july and still be fine. New customers are getting the shaft however..

Edit: To above post.. Evo 3D is overrated.

Last edited: