4.3 Question

clover408

Reaction score
I really want the new 4.3 update for our phones... if we can't get it then is there a stable ROM I can use that have 4.3

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I have been using the Cyanogen 10.2 "nightly" builds for some time. Overall, 4.3 runs excellent on our phones. Very happy with it. One caveat though is if you have a docking station or car dock. The build does not (yet) incorporate docking modes so you will have to manually launch any apps that you like to run when you dock. Other than that, been pretty happy with it.

David

OP
C

clover408

Reaction score
Any other ROMs I can use because I don't like that ROM its not stable

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I don't know of any other 4.3roms

The latest nightly works great for me

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Still liking 10 .2 but MMS only works if I have a strong LTE signal? weak lte signal or 1x signal will not send. Any ideas?

Also...today's nightly gets stuck in a boot loop...had to revert manually back yo previous version. Anyone else have this issue?

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I was going to download cyanogen today buy it says that it has a camera issue is this still true? Also on droid forums main page it showed cyanogen mod build 11 for the droid razr will that work for us? and also if the are no more camera problems or problems with everyday use and cyanogen can you explain how I do it.. my phone is rooted to by the way of you need to know that. Thanks

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
One caveat though is if you have a docking station or car dock.

I found this out the hard way about CM 10.2 nightlies, but unfortunately something like that is a necessity. I might be able to get by if I knew how to manually open the correct docking apps, particularly the Webtop mode.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I was going to download cyanogen today buy it says that it has a camera issue is this still true? Also on droid forums main page it showed cyanogen mod build 11 for the droid razr will that work for us? and also if the are no more camera problems or problems with everyday use and cyanogen can you explain how I do it.. my phone is rooted to by the way of you need to know that. Thanks

I have not noticed a camera issue...I have 3 and they all work.
Latest nightlie fixed my boot issue.
Still no MMS unless I have full lte...???
On stock ROM it works with the very weak signal at my house... But cm 10.2 just won't send it

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I have not noticed a camera issue...I have 3 and they all work.
Latest nightlie fixed my boot issue.
Still no MMS unless I have full lte...???
On stock ROM it works with the very weak signal at my house... But cm 10.2 just won't send it

So the best thing for me to do would be to download the stable version.. also can you guys explain how I go about changing my phone to cyanogen please

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I can't say what's best for you. I'd say give it a try...you may not have my issues...you could have others or not??

As far as how to...you tube had bids in how to install cm using safe strap

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I can't say what's best for you. I'd say give it a try...you may not have my issues...you could have others or not??

As far as how to...you tube had bids in how to install cm using safe strap

Ok just an update for everyone, i now have cyanogen yay!!!!!!! i currently have the stable build and if i was to try the nightly build is there a way to go back to the stable directly through my phone when i want to?

Also if you have found anything cool within cyanogen please let me know

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I flashed the 27th nightly and wifi quit working again. I went back to my list of CM downloads and flashed the 26th nightly and all works great.

To update or flash back to a previously downloaded CM, go to Settings > About > CyanogenMod Updates and choose which one you want to install. You can go forward with a new update or flash back to a previous stable update.

David

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I flashed the 27th nightly and wifi quit working again. I went back to my list of CM downloads and flashed the 26th nightly and all works great.

To update or flash back to a previously downloaded CM, go to Settings > About > CyanogenMod Updates and choose which one you want to install. You can go forward with a new update or flash back to a previous stable update.

David

ok is there anything else i need to do when i upgrade, or select another build..earlier when i selected the newest stable build during the boot it just sat on the cyanogen loading screen for 15 minutes at a time so i had to go back and wipe everything and start all over....also in the recovery area it has a backup and restore area...is that so i can backup my device as it is right now so if that ever does happen again i dont have to wipe everything, i can just restore?