3G is very slow!

captain howdy

Reaction score
Not sure if its my phone or the 3G network. It started yesterday. Pandora radio takes 5 min to load a song, then there are long pause that last a min or 2 in the middle of the song. Also web browsing is at a snails pace. I did not down load any thing nor did I make any changes to any setting. Im stock non rooted. I plan on checking these with a strong wifi. Any ideas about the 3G part?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How much data have you used this month? If you're like me and use a ton, vzw could be throttling your data speeds. It's probably not that's though.

It happens to me once in a while, but never lasts so I've never been bothered enough by it to ask.
Good luck

CM74D2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3G was extremely slow last night for everyone. It's fine now, though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Another thing you can check is the signal strength. Settings>About Phone>Status then scroll down to "signal Strength" a negative 90 dbm or higher is a weak signal and mid 80's or lower is good signal. Sometimes when I have this problem, I hit the control alt delete keys on the keyboard and reboot the phone (like a battery pull). Hold the alt key and the one above it and the Del key down to reboot.