3G/2G on with no incoming calls or texts to interupt

motcher41

Reaction score
I have a rooted OG with CM7.1 Stable and like the Wifi tehter. What I don't like is when I get a call or text it stops the data flow.
Does anyone know of a way to only have Data and temp disable calls/texts part of the signal? Don't even know if it is possible.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I believe that it is not possible on the OG. i know blackberry has a feature to turn the phone off but never saw it on Android.

OP
motcher41

motcher41

Reaction score
I believe that it is not possible on the OG. i know blackberry has a feature to turn the phone off but never saw it on Android.

Damn.....thanks for the reply though :)
I wonder if it is possible on any droid. Heck even an app that could do that would be awesome

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in it too... if its possible on my DX

akhi216

Reaction score
I remember when I had an HTC EVO Shift 4G on Sprint I was messing around with Google Voice after making my GV number my primary number. In the GV apps' menu there was an option to route all calls to voicemail and keep data on.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Damn.....thanks for the reply though :)
I wonder if it is possible on any droid. Heck even an app that could do that would be awesome

That is an excellent app idea, a simple phone control app that just turns the phone feature off, almost like airplane mode with 3g/4g staying on... hmmmmmmmm

OP
motcher41

motcher41

Reaction score
That is an excellent app idea, a simple phone control app that just turns the phone feature off, almost like airplane mode with 3g/4g staying on... hmmmmmmmm
Go for it...I'm not any good at making apps. Don't even know where to begin. I'll beta test it for you though ;)

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
I saw this and thought I would relay a similar problem I am having. I recently had to return to using my OG, not a terrible predicament but I digress. So I got it all reactivated and everything and while I can make calls and send/receive text messages I can't connect to the 3G network. I don't know if it is because my ROM is old but if anyone has any ideas that would be awesome thanks.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I saw this and thought I would relay a similar problem I am having. I recently had to return to using my OG, not a terrible predicament but I digress. So I got it all reactivated and everything and while I can make calls and send/receive text messages I can't connect to the 3G network. I don't know if it is because my ROM is old but if anyone has any ideas that would be awesome thanks.

Try a different kernel and make sure you are on a froyo rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
motcher41

motcher41

Reaction score

What are you running? How long since it was last running? I had an issue like that with my Eris.

OP
motcher41

motcher41

Reaction score
When u installed that did you have any issues connecting for your initial sync?

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
When u installed that did you have any issues connecting for your initial sync?

Yeah it wouldn't connect to a network for data at all, I had to connect to a local WiFi network to get everything up and running

OP
motcher41

motcher41

Reaction score
Check that it says data enabled in your mobile network settings. Otherwise flash a kernel. I suggest Chevy no1, wipe cache and dalvik before flashing kernel otherwise completely wipe and reflash the rom. Something in the kernel prolly didn't flash correctly. Also peter alfanso has a stock type gingerbread rom. GPA 19. If you were stock before and wanna go back