304 update problem

jayba420

Reaction score
Hi, I realize there are thousands of posts on this topic so first off I apologize if my answer resides as a needle somewhere in that haystack. I have 928Droid BGX2.3 installed. Haven't done anything really since 2.2 came out except maybe tried a rom here or or there but always went back to this one. I am on 2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US rooted & deodexed.

I received a prompt for the 340 update the other night and after pushing it off a few times... backing up my rom... i tried to install it. It failed.

I read some posts about 928droid's "back to stock" rom and I thought i could load that and retry the update.
Well, hxxp://www.928droid.com/ is down and i cant find it anywhere so that's not an option apparently.

So 2 questions I guess:

Is there a way I can update my phone to 340 without losing my accounts/apps/data? if yes can someone point me to instructions/guide for my situation?

If I have to SBF (which i understand wipes all data?) Can someone point me to the right one because i read all this stuff about SBF'ing the wrong bootloader and people getting bricked and I don't want to make that mistake.

Lastly there is a stock 2.2 rom image if you look at the roms available for download through rom manager. It says "must have 2.1 installed"

I have 2.2 does that mean i cant load that and try to OTA to 340 from that?

forgive my Noobness and I really appreciate any help/explanations anyone would like to offer.

Thanks!

Last edited:

maderschramm

Reaction score
one question: why is your entire post hyperlinked?

anyway,

the reason the update won't install is because you're deodexed.

if you can find a way to re-odex your phone, you could ota, otherwise an sbf is in your future.

what sbf will work for you depends on your bootloader. if you're on 30.03, then you can use a 2.3.15 sbf; however, some 2.2 refurbs come with with 30.04. if you're on 30.04 you need the .320 full sbf

have you read my sbf tutorial? the answers are all in there

OP
jayba420

jayba420

Reaction score
Sorry about the link. I fixed that, must of clicked the button by accident.

Anyway I am at bootloader 30.01 hopefully that doesn't make a difference and I can use the sbf you suggested for 30.03.

I will check out your guide, thank you

OP
jayba420

jayba420

Reaction score
well I read your guide and followed it. I SBF'd the VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf file and it got to 100% instead of saying passed though i got this error:

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Address: 0x18F000 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009);phone connected Progress

Executed 100% Result Fail

Any idea what thats about?

when it rebooted it seems to have worked though. Everything looks stock... but all my settings, apps, widgets, are there... However i did lose root

I did the 340 ota and that also now worked.

what is the best way to now re-root?

JRobzilla

Reaction score
well I read your guide and followed it. I SBF'd the VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf file and it got to 100% instead of saying passed though i got this error:

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Address: 0x18F000 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009);phone connected Progress

Executed 100% Result Fail

Any idea what thats about?

when it rebooted it seems to have worked though. Everything looks stock... but all my settings, apps, widgets, are there... However i did lose root

I did the 340 ota and that also now worked.

what is the best way to now re-root?

That error sounds like the radio may not have flashed successfully. I've read where people uninstalled the moto drivers to fix it, as well as switching to another USB port.

That being said, if you were able to update properly then the update itself may have fixed whatever the SBF failed on. I guess you can check your system information to make sure it jives with what other people on 2.3.340 are seeing.

As for the rooting, Z4Root is a very good program. It does it all right from your phone so no computer is even needed. The last version I saw was 1.30, but if that doesn't work located 1.0 (I could never get 1.30 to work but 1.0 always comes through).