3 messages shown when 2 are received

Bugeyeblue

Reaction score
Whenever I get 2 texts that are split up because they are too long to be received as one, my phone shows 3 messages. 2 are the received message and the third is one saying something about the previous message not being sent with images, or something to that effect. Anyone else having this problem?

karoded

Reaction score
I have seen two messages when someone sends me one with a graphic that gets stripped. The first is the message the second is a notification that a graphic was stripped from the first. So the reporting of the number of messages is correct.

I am curious how the remote person can send something that needs to be stripped for me to read the message....perhaps this is the LG issue mentioned in the release notes for the latest update?

OP
Bugeyeblue

Bugeyeblue

Reaction score
I have seen two messages when someone sends me one with a graphic that gets stripped. The first is the message the second is a notification that a graphic was stripped from the first. So the reporting of the number of messages is correct.

I am curious how the remote person can send something that needs to be stripped for me to read the message....perhaps this is the LG issue mentioned in the release notes for the latest update?
It is an LG phone that I'm having the communication problem with.

tktouch12

Reaction score
that happens on my moto q9c (i know thats not a droid), but i think its normal when you get a text over 160
the thing being stripped is just breaking the text into two pieces

OP
Bugeyeblue

Bugeyeblue

Reaction score
that happens on my moto q9c (i know thats not a droid), but i think its normal when you get a text over 160
the thing being stripped is just breaking the text into two pieces
Normal? I don't think so. Thanks for the input, but that doesn't make sense. I'd like to hear from some other Eris or Droid users. Anyone else have this issue? I text a lot and don't want to get an extra message every single time I receive a text that is broken up into 2 messages due to size. Thanks.

got24s

Reaction score
I have the same issue its annoying as hell. :icon_evil:

spudnick

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris. It does the exact same thing to me, too. My friends all receive a text saying my phone doesn't support messages longer than 160 characters, and they have Verizon, too! Ugh. I should call Verizon and find out if there's anything that could fix this. At least I'm not alone.