Quick question droid fanatic friends

[email protected]

Reaction score
When I get long text messages from people my droid eris breaks the text into several messages, and also sends the sender an alert that something about not receiving certain characters. I have unlimited text from verizon customers and all that, and there never seems to be any strange text I can identify.

Is this just the droids way of doing things, or can I fix this?
Thanks, :)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I get long text messages from people my droid eris breaks the text into several messages, and also sends the sender an alert that something about not receiving certain characters. I have unlimited text from verizon customers and all that, and there never seems to be any strange text I can identify.

Is this just the droids way of doing things, or can I fix this?
Thanks, :)
Its a 160 character limit on verizons end. The easiest workaround is to have your friends convert long text messages to MMS messages (add a picture), and they will go through with out a problem. And if YOU are having a problem sending long messages, use a 3rd party app like Handcent or Chomp. I know for a fact Handcent will automatically break long messages down to multiple 160 character text messages, and I believe Chomp will as well.

ShowTime

Reaction score
The stock messenging app breaks up and sends texts over 160 characters as multiple texts as well. Although it tends to deliver them out of order. It's just the way the Verizon network works.

The bull

Reaction score
Hey does any1 kno how to put a signature for you txt msgs

joeymoose

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the stock messaging does not allow this since it is not an option in it's settings, but it is a option in the Gmail settings. Maybe one of the messaging apps does this?

The bull

Reaction score
thank you very much i guess if thats the only thing i dont like bout the phone that aint bad huh

joeymoose

Reaction score
thank you very much i guess if thats the only thing i dont like bout the phone that aint bad huh

Ya, I guess our Droid sucks huh? LOL! I'm sure a 3rd party app does Sigs. I think we are spoiled and the way all these Dev keep on updating their ROM's! Man, It's like Christmas every day!:icon_ banana:

mmyof2mnstrs

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by The bull

the handcent app does signatures... i got it last week and i love it!