3 days to decide....

bailman

Reaction score
Well the double your data Verizon promo ends on June 6, and I'm torn on what to do? I currently have unlimited data, but do not want to pay full retail for my next phone to keep it? I can get 4GB for the same price I am paying now, and I have never gone over 4. I just don't want to not take this promo, and be screwed down the road and only get 2GB for the same price? Anyone else pondering this same situation?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Is your contract up for renewal? If it is, just renew and keep your unlimited. The new plans haven't gone in to effect yet.

Or are you just adding a new line to get the "new customer/new phone" price?

Snoking

Reaction score
No one is going to take you unlimited away. There will always be deals.

OP
B

bailman

Reaction score
My contract isn't up until October. Right around the time the "new" iPhone should be released. I think with the lte rumor, and verizons superior lte coverage...there will be a large flood of new customers. My fear is that VZW won't need to offer deals due to the larger number of new customers? I don't want to lose my unlimited data,I like having the piece of mind not worrying about going over- but I really dint want to shell out full retail to keep it. My true Hope is that VZW sucks to their original word and allotted the original grandfathered customers to stay unlimited no matter what.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
They're not going to. They have specifically said the only way to keep your grandfathered data plan is to NOT renew your contract and get a discounted phone. You will have to pay full retail or stay on the device you have.

My fear is that once the new plans are in effect they will require you to "switch plans" if you move from 3G to 4G. Just to be safe I bought a 4G phone at full retail and swapped to it. That way even if they force the change on 3G to 4G I'm already there.

Grandfathered plans are out once they new family data shared plans are in. Keep current device or buy full retail device and do not renew your contract to stay unlimited.

Check out swappa.com and pick up a used 4G phone if you don't want to pay full retail.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The day my upgrade comes (a long time from now) I will try my best to weasel my way into keeping my unlimited data. If not, I don't mind buying a slightly used phone for less than retail to keep my plan.