1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

3.5 mm jack no longer working

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by lord273kelvin, Aug 20, 2010.

1. lord273kelvin

lord273kelvin New Member

I accidentally dropped my phone today while listening to my mp3s and after that happened, 3.5mm jack stopped working. Even though my earphones are plugged into the droid, it doesn't transmit sound through the earphones...instead, sound only comes out of the speaker on the droid itself. My droid was housed inside a seidio case and there are no visible dents/loose parts in the 3.5mm jack itself. I tried rebooting many times and it wouldn't fix it...it seems like a hardware problem but would hard-resetting solve the problem? If anyone else experienced something similar this please give me some advice.
  2. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Take it in. Most likely the contacts are loose, and that requires a rebuild.
Search tags for this page
3.5 jack not supporting in android
3.5 mm plug not working
3.5 mm jack troubleshooting
3.5 mm jack not working in droid

3.5 mm jack contact problems

droid 4 5mm jack doesnt work

droid bionic 3.5 mm jack dont work

droid bionic 3.5mm jack trouble

droid razor 3.5mm jack not working

motorola razr 3.5mm jack problem

my 3.5mm jack doesn't work droid x