3.0 compatible

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
Im hearing that the droid x should be 3.0/Gingerbread compatible? Im hearing a lot of good things about gingerbread.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha, I plan on selling my Moto Droid in December for a new model... hopefully gingerbred with a qwerty keyboard, hdmi, fm transmitter, 2ghz processor... I'll hope!

OP
F

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
yea i did hear about a 2ghz phone. who knows how long thatll be. dont know if i should wait, or get the X. but there will always be a newer, "better' phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The DX will be G/Bread compatable, but if you look at the Minimum Requirements for GingerBread and what the DX is packing under the hood you will see that the two are almost identical. So even though the DX will meet requirments for 3.0 it will be the low device as far as compatability is concerned when we start looking at 3.0 and up

I am with most Original Droid Owners (soon to be known as Droid Classic) in waiting for the Unicorn of Mobile Devices; Motorola Droid Pro

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those leaked requirements turned out to be false. They are only suggested specs to run Gingerbread. As for waiting on a rumored phone, I'd love to keep waiting for the next best thing to come out but that would mean waiting forever. Every single phone released will be outdone within a couple of months.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those leaked requirements turned out to be false. They are only suggested specs to run Gingerbread. As for waiting on a rumored phone, I'd love to keep waiting for the next best thing to come out but that would mean waiting forever. Every single phone released will be outdone within a couple of months.

Really everything looking foward is mostly speculation on our parts, we never know untill we know, even with the things that seem right around the corner, old details disappear and new ones emerge

I think what my point is; is I won't be rushing into an upgrade. My Droid has kept me on the Cutting Edge of Technology since 11-06 and Completely Satisfied my Thirst for a Top of the line Mobile Device.

The MotoDroid has set the bar high, and my next upgrade, I will be saving for something big, and the Rumored "MoDroPro" sounds like it might be the One.