3.0.1 boot loops

Arcadian

Reaction score
I did a clean install wiped data and cash. Boots the first time then first reboot it loops.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
I had this same problem on my Droid 1. It did fine, then every reboot since it just would keep looping. But the really odd part was that after it loops for a few mins, after the initial vibrate and light dim, the light will get brighter again and about a minute later the screen would shut off. I turned the screen back on with the on/off button and then back off and on. And i touched the touchscreen where the unlock button is and it would vibrate as it would when i usually unlock it. i would do this a few times and then the boot screen would go away and it would just show the lockscreen and would work fine. So after doing this two or three times, i just changed the boot animation and it fixed it.
This is running 3.0.1 on my droid 1 with the stock kernel and with a 1ghz chevy kernel. But it works fine now with a different boot animation

P7M8

Reaction score
That happened to me but only after installing the wrong version of a UD theme. I put a 3.0 theme on a 3.0.1 ROM.

Reaction score
This is a known issue with the custom bootanimation that comes with 3.0.1. After it finally boots up the first thing you should do is put a new bootanimation in your data--->local folder using root explorer.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
This is a known issue with the custom bootanimation that comes with 3.0.1. After it finally boots up the first thing you should do is put a new bootanimation in your data--->local folder using root explorer.

BlackDroid must have changed the boot animation in 3.0.1 since initially releasing it. I just downloaded the ROM about 5 hours ago and when I got it up and running it had the original stock boot animation. I now have the NexTheme and a Raidzero 1.0Ghz kernel and it's running perfectly.