.232 home button problem?

ruinah

Reaction score
I was stock .905 and just flashed to .232 ICS. I did a factory reset first, then wiped cache, then installed .232. It installed fine, booted up ok. I was bouncing around, made a test call, internet works. My home button and search button though don't work at all. They vibrate when I hit them but they do nothing, almost like the keys aren't mapped. The alt-menu buton and the Back button work fine. Sort of critical to get these running though. Just think, you are 10 pages in reading on a web site and want to hit another app. Anyone else see this or have a fix? Was thinking of either re-flashing, wiping cache. Not sure what could have made those not work.

OP
ruinah

ruinah

Reaction score
nevermind, issue solved. I re-flashed and then wiped cache like 5 times. That took care of it all. Phone is 10x smoother so far. My wifi also locked on in a half a second versus a few minutes. Now, to try the lapdock which is why I wanted to flash.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Managed to update mine today (had to check for updates). A few glitches after the update - I didnt have a home screen, and it was pretty slow initially. After about 30 minutes, I shut it down and restarted it, and magically I had a home screen, and it ran like a scalded dog. I like the ICS look and feel, will see how battery life goes. I've been having trouble with very poor battery life at my house (4g), but very good when Im on the road (say Phoenix).

I notice that the option to switch network modes seems to be grayed out now... so no way that I can see to force 3G (not LTE).

jc

turnpike

Reaction score
how does one accomplish a cache wipe? i'm still running gingerbread and my home and search button are now inop for whatever reason. i'm not switching to ICS...my ICS phone currently has no data and 1 bar of service, while my gingerbread is runnign flawlessly with 5 bars and full data..and they are right next to each other...i HATE ICS

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I notice that the option to switch network modes seems to be grayed out now... so no way that I can see to force 3G (not LTE).

jc

There may be a network widget available. I know that SwitchPro does.

how does one accomplish a cache wipe?

Clearing Cache is quite easy

1) Power down
2) Boot into Recovery by pressing Power, Vol Up & Down simultaneously
3) Vol Down for Recovery, then Vol Up
4) When the Android appears, press Vol Up & Down simultaneously
5) Vol Down to "Wipe Cache Partition"
6) Press Power
7) When cache is cleared and done, press Power to reboot

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had the same issue 1 week after I flashed .246, just did a factory reset, easy fix. No need for FXZ or wipe cache. Mind you, it does wipe the internal storage, so be careful.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue 1 week after I flashed .246, just did a factory reset, easy fix. No need for FXZ or wipe cache. Mind you, it does wipe the internal storage, so be careful.

While a factory reset is good, it does clear everything. Wiping the cache is less obtrusive. If it doesn't work, you can still do the factory reset.