20% Loss in 2 Hours on Extended Battery

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Why are task killers so bad?

Sent from my Thunderbolt
Just don't use them. Waste of battery. Android is based off Linux which handles memory 1000X's better than any windows crap OS.

1android

Reaction score
I have had my thunderbolt for 3 days now and LOVING it. I charged it overnight and it was full charge. checked my email (less than a minute) and sent a text message. battery was already down to 97%!?

I am NOT rooted (yet) and I have taken all the precausions to making your battery last longer. Data push turned off, all notifications turned off, no running apps on my home screens like friendstream, Display is on low, not running a task manager, GPS, Bluetooth, wi-fi all turned off.

Is this normal for the thunderbolt? I realize the battery was the biggest complaint but that seems to be a quick loss in power in a quick amount of time.

DroidStang

Reaction score
I have extended battery at 65% been off charger 7 hours made two 5 min calls played movie for 90 mins that ran through my Ford sync which was cool, wife watch and came through all speakers plus had Skype running whole time ....do you think watchdog helps or drains?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

badmeat

Reaction score
I have had my thunderbolt for 3 days now and LOVING it. I charged it overnight and it was full charge. checked my email (less than a minute) and sent a text message. battery was already down to 97%!?

I am NOT rooted (yet) and I have taken all the precausions to making your battery last longer. Data push turned off, all notifications turned off, no running apps on my home screens like friendstream, Display is on low, not running a task manager, GPS, Bluetooth, wi-fi all turned off.

Is this normal for the thunderbolt? I realize the battery was the biggest complaint but that seems to be a quick loss in power in a quick amount of time.
BATTERY CONDITIONING.

I charged my phone uninterrupted to 100% and ran it until it shut off 3 times before I started charging as I pleased. Theres also a Siedio 1600mah slim fit that works on the Tbolt. . . .

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Its TwiX

Reaction score
it's designed to charge while the phone is off. my phone went down to 5% battery and shut itself off. i plugged it in and 40 minutes later i turned it back on and it was at 13%.

I am 100% sure it's not off.

Not going to argue with people in every thread about this. If you think it can charge while it is off, cool...

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

badmeat

Reaction score
it's designed to charge while the phone is off. my phone went down to 5% battery and shut itself off. i plugged it in and 40 minutes later i turned it back on and it was at 13%.

Not going to argue with people in every thread about this. If you think it can charge while it is off, cool...

The Tbolt does charge while its off. . . .it isnt a motorola that turns on automatically when you plug it into a charger.

Its TwiX

Reaction score

The Tbolt does charge while its off. . . .it isnt a motorola that turns on automatically when you plug it into a charger.

Not arguing think what you want lol.

badmeat

Reaction score
Just stating facts. I test theories before spreading rumors.
Run the phone dead, then place on a charger for a couple hours, while turned off. If you turn it on and it has 0% battery, return it to Verizon because it's jacked up.

DroidStang

Reaction score
I ran my battery to the end last night it would not turn on, so put on charger just Orange light on gave 15 mins unplugged to turn on, would not come on. So while dead left charging on that usb/ac cord in 7 hours was 100% and I could turn on now . That's my findings.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Run the phone dead, then place on a charger for a couple hours, while turned off. If you turn it on and it has 0% battery, return it to Verizon because it's jacked up.

I never said it won't charge. I said it won't charge while its off (completely off NO FASTBOOT). Test this: Turn your phone off (fast boot must be off) and wait a minute. Plug in your phone and within 15 seconds it will vibrate and the LED will go off and on. Wait a few minutes then.. Barely tap the power button and it will boot up. Once it boots up, power down. This time, leave your phone unplugged. Try to tap the power button like you did before to boot up.

badmeat

Reaction score

I never said it won't charge. I said it won't charge while its off (completely off NO FASTBOOT). Test this: Turn your phone off (fast boot must be off) and wait a minute. Plug in your phone and within 15 seconds it will vibrate and the LED will go off and on. Wait a few minutes then.. Barely tap the power button and it will boot up. Once it boots up, power down. This time, leave your phone unplugged. Try to tap the power button like you did before to boot up.

You are correct regarding the boot process while on and off of the charger.

However, while doing this, I decided to let it sit on the charger, while off, for 10 minutes to see if it would charge. I turned it on and OMG, the battery was magically at 12% charge instead of 5%, which is what ot was at when I powered it down.

YOUR THEORY IS INCORRECT, or our phones must super-charge the battery during booting...ha. It would be nice if you would stop spreading false information, thanks.

Oh, and I DO NOT have fast boot on. The phone was COMPLETELY off. If I were you, I would return my phone while its under warranty.

Its TwiX

Reaction score

However, while doing this, I decided to let it sit on the charger, while off, for 10 minutes to see if it would charge. I turned it on and OMG, the battery was magically at 12% charge instead of 5%, which is what ot was at when I powered it down.

I never said it won't charge. I said it won't charge while its off. It boots into recovery when you plug it in (You know.. like it did before the update to Clockwork) and hides the screen. Which is why it boots up when you tap it because it is essentially waking up from recovery. Power the device off plug it in... It charges. Never said it wouldn't charge if you did that. I'm saying when you plug it in, its NO LONGER OFF. Comprehend?

To help further prove my "theory":

Does your computer make a sound when its off? Does it flash any lights when it is off? Does your tv make any sound or flash any lights when it is off? Does anything you have that can be powered on and off (and is electric) make a sound, move, or flash lights when it is off?

Last edited:

badmeat

Reaction score

I never said it won't charge. I said it won't charge while its off. It boots into recovery when you plug it in (You know.. like it did before the update to Clockwork) and hides the screen. Which is why it boots up when you tap it because it is essentially waking up from recovery. Power the device off plug it in... It charges. Never said it wouldn't charge if you did that. I'm saying when you plug it in, its NO LONGER OFF. Comprehend?

To help further prove my "theory":

Does your computer make a sound when its off? Does it flash any lights when it is off? Does your tv make any sound or flash any lights when it is off? Does anything you have that can be powered on and off (and is electric) make a sound, move, or flash lights when it is off?

My phone boots up no faster from this 'recovery mode'. What's your point in arguing about this again?

OP
C

Casper3686

Reaction score
Still having issues with extended battery consistency. On one charge it will last two days and then another charge won't last a full day. Can't figure out what the issue is...not rooted, running standard system with normal use.

Sent from my Thunderbolt