20% Loss in 2 Hours on Extended Battery

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Sigh. I give up. The Thunderbolt was designed not to charge with the phone off which kind of makes bump charging a bit hard. But since everyone thinks they can bump charge, let's just go with that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
C

Casper3686

Reaction score
Update...

Yesterday I removed the battery then charged it until it hit 100% (which seemed to happen quicker for some reason). Today I unplugged it at 10am and amazingly I am at 94% at 530pm! Not exactly sure why but I think I will enjoy it while it lasts :)

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sigh. I give up. The Thunderbolt was designed not to charge with the phone off which kind of makes bump charging a bit hard. But since everyone thinks they can bump charge, let's just go with that.

Don't know about your Tbolt, but I turn mine off and it charges without an issue. Phone stays off and the led is amber....when it's done it turns green.

Its TwiX

Reaction score

Don't know about your Tbolt, but I turn mine off and it charges without an issue. Phone stays off and the led is amber....when it's done it turns green.

Your thunderbolt is running the stock bootloader but hiding the screen. Sorry to disappoint.

nateccnn

Reaction score

Your thunderbolt is running the stock bootloader but hiding the screen. Sorry to disappoint.

So, are you saying Tbolt bolt can't be turned off? I'm confused. When I hold the power button down for a few I get three options, one of which is "power off". If I chose that option is it not powered off? Cuz when I do that and plug the phone charger in I get the same as stated above...an amber led that turns green when it is finished charging.

Nate

DroidStang

Reaction score
I have the extended battery 10 days now. I think it charges when off, but just like when sitting at 100% after a charge, you reboot, loses 10%, I charged all night, was green, started up, at 91% after start up, it uses lots power booting up, cause it lasts 39 hours or more on a single charge

OP
C

Casper3686

Reaction score
Update...

Yesterday I removed the battery then charged it until it hit 100% (which seemed to happen quicker for some reason). Today I unplugged it at 10am and amazingly I am at 94% at 530pm! Not exactly sure why but I think I will enjoy it while it lasts :)

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I am back to my original problem with the battery dying again. I think it has something to do with pulling the battery to reset it. When I did that I had a longer charge. Since then it has not lasted very long (about six hours). Why so inconsistent?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
C

Casper3686

Reaction score
Update...

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I am back to my original problem with the battery dying again. I think it has something to do with pulling the battery to reset it. When I did that I had a longer charge. Since then it has not lasted very long (about six hours). Why so inconsistent?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Ok, so a new update...my TB has been unplugged since yesterday at 8am and I am still at 73% this morning @830am. No changes to any settings since last update. Not a bad thing but WTH?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If u are rooted try autokiller memory. It will try and keep a certain amount of memory as it works along with Android. It has helped me on my D1 so it should help u

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This is a task killer, it will auto kill apps and then some will restart again, over and over, thus using more power. Your memory can be full and it will not pull any more power, the only way it could help is if you have a rogue application that is running in the background using the CPU or using data. Even in this case, you are merely putting a bandaid over the problem, not fixing it.

I have the extended battery 10 days now. I think it charges when off, but just like when sitting at 100% after a charge, you reboot, loses 10%, I charged all night, was green, started up, at 91% after start up, it uses lots power booting up, cause it lasts 39 hours or more on a single charge

It is actually a glitch reading the correct amount on the battery. I could have a download going for 30 minutes, have a movie playing and the screen on and lose 10%, but sometimes i reboot and it drops 20% in 1 minute (even on the extended battery), the battery does not have that high of a discharge rate, it isnt physically possible.

DroidStang

Reaction score
When you boot these things they must be eating battery with something in start up process if I ever want charge from lowest I can get battery if at 20% I reboot, comes back at 10%

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
If u are rooted try autokiller memory. It will try and keep a certain amount of memory as it works along with Android. It has helped me on my D1 so it should help u

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This is a task killer, it will auto kill apps and then some will restart again, over and over, thus using more power. Your memory can be full and it will not pull any more power, the only way it could help is if you have a rogue application that is running in the background using the CPU or using data. Even in this case, you are merely putting a bandaid over the problem, not fixing it.

It is actually a glitch reading the correct amount on the battery. I could have a download going for 30 minutes, have a movie playing and the screen on and lose 10%, but sometimes i reboot and it drops 20% in 1 minute (even on the extended battery), the battery does not have that high of a discharge rate, it isnt physically possible.

+1 TASK KILLERS ARE THE DEVIL! NEVER USE THEM!!!

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

badmeat

Reaction score
Day 3 of using the 1600mah Seido(sp?) battery off of Amazon. I bought this because I had the Incredible with the 1750 slim fit battery and was very happy with it. I've cycled this battery 3 times from 0% charge - 100% and back to 0%. Power usage:

6h, 1min. since unplugged
Display - 63% - 2h 16m on
Android System - 6%
Cell Standby - 5%
Voice Calls - 4%
Phone Idle - 3%
Internet - 3%
Facebook - 2%

I've been putting this thing through the ringer and cooking the battery since I got the new one installed. I use it until it shuts off, then put in the stock (charged) battery. Swap them back out before bed so the 1600mah can charge overnight. I can tell a bit of a difference today....if I was running the stock battery, it may have lasted an hour or so less.

Now to see how long it lasts under normal use.

Settings:
15% dimmed display
Email syncing every 30 min.
Weather every 3 hours
4g only on (when in coverage)
I've been using a task killer, which I won't from now on after reading this.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Because they keep killing apps that auto restart and this kill/start chain never ends and drains battery.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

it's designed to charge while the phone is off. my phone went down to 5% battery and shut itself off. i plugged it in and 40 minutes later i turned it back on and it was at 13%.