2 reasons 4.3 sucks

Jaredb

Reaction score
First the lock screen has a messaging widget that can't be removed & shows your text if you have preview enabled. I personally liked the preview in the status/notification bar, but you can't have it without showing your texts on your lockscreen. So much for privacy.

& second, my text ringtone isn't working. I've tried changing it multiple time. I'm going to have to do a reset.

DartonsShooter

Reaction score
Both of these are my complaints as well. I'm good with the rest but I dislike the huge block saying I have a text.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Are you sure you cant hide the text preview on the lockscreen? Im pretty sure you can on the S4? I recognize this is an S3, but surely they added it there too?

OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
Are you sure you cant hide the text preview on the lockscreen? Im pretty sure you can on the S4? I recognize this is an S3, but surely they added it there too?

You can hide it, but it also hides the preview in the notification/status bar. They should have made it into two different settings.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I like the preview. The update turned off the volume for notifications on both our phones. Turned volume back up. Good since.

ghstrdr

Reaction score
To turn that message preview off, go under messaging; go to settings by using the left button on the bottom of the phone and select the gear. Then scroll down to notification settings and uncheck the block for Preview Message. This leaves your notifications checked. So now you will get an alert you have 1 new text message on your top bar and on your lock screen it shows a Messaging block and New message under it but no content.

OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
To turn that message preview off, go under messaging; go to settings by using the left button on the bottom of the phone and select the gear. Then scroll down to notification settings and uncheck the block for Preview Message. This leaves your notifications checked. So now you will get an alert you have 1 new text message on your top bar and on your lock screen it shows a Messaging block and New message under it but no content.

I'm aware of that. I would just like to have no messaging widget on my lock screen & have the preview in the notification bar like before the update. But that isn't possible.

JRParsons

Reaction score
You can remove the messaging widget from the lockscreen. I just did what ghstrdr suggested and my messaging notifications are exactly as they were pre-update, as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
You can remove the messaging widget from the lockscreen. I just did what ghstrdr suggested and my messaging notifications are exactly as they were pre-update, as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It removes the widget on the lockscreen, but also disables preview on status/notification bar..which is what I want. You can't have that without the widget on lockscreen though.

I think it's very stupid that someone can read text messages on the lock screen. What's the point of locking your phone?

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
My battery life sucks even worse now. ...anyone else having battery issues

rogncincy

Reaction score
I have had no problems so far. I like the changes. This Samsung keyboard sucks though. Lags like a mother effer! Any ideas on a good keyboard to use?

NeedMoreFAR

Reaction score
I have had no problems so far. I like the changes. This Samsung keyboard sucks though. Lags like a mother effer! Any ideas on a good keyboard to use?

I use Google Keyboard, works well. It is free on the Play Store.