2 reasons 4.3 sucks

Claudzion

Reaction score
My battery was always great until now with 4.3. I turned off the GPS and it seems to be better. The phone wasn't charging as well either. Seems ok now. I think it was the GPS searching.

cindylike24

Reaction score
My battery was always great until now with 4.3. I turned off the GPS and it seems to be better. The phone wasn't charging as well either. Seems ok now. I think it was the GPS searching.

I was running in to the same thing only whenever I was at work. I solved it by turning off the WiFi GPS whenever I was at work and it solved my issue with the battery. I went that route because I work in an office with metal walls that tend to mess with my cell phone signal and tends to drain my battery anyway before I updated my phone to 4.3. You know, I don't have any issues with my battery life anywhere else that I use my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

allikanbe

Reaction score
First the lock screen has a messaging widget that can't be removed & shows your text if you have preview enabled. I personally liked the preview in the status/notification bar, but you can't have it without showing your texts on your lockscreen. So much for privacy.

& second, my text ringtone isn't working. I've tried changing it multiple time. I'm going to have to do a reset.

I use Handcent as my messaging app. I still get the preview banner on text messages.

Nenda2

Reaction score
I use Handscent as well and you can turn off the message preview if you check the "privacy mode" in the Notification section.