2 Line Phone App

agreco60

Reaction score
Is there an App that you can have 2 phone numbers on one phone. I have a D1 for work and an X for personal. I want to have my work number come in on my X so I don't have to carry around 2 phones all the time. You would think they would make a phone for this specific purpose because I am not the only person who has this problem. Even Verizon said alot of people ask for this.

Thanks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No app is going to do this. With GV and other calling solutions you can have another number associated with the solution on your device but you can't consolidate 2 separate cell lines with an app.

An app running on your device can't forward a line from another source to your device. You could certainly set up call forwarding though.

km75

Reaction score
If you have google voice then this is indeed possible. Since when you have a google voice number set up you can give out the goovle voice number as your work number instead of your regular number. Best of all its free. GROOVE IP works in conjunction with google voice as well and does the same thing though the call quality might not be up to your standards.There is an app called LINE2 and this app gives you another number to use as well. The downside is that it is 9.99 a month but you do get a 7 day trial to test it out. I will say the call quality is excellent though. The upside is that it works over 3g so you basically get unlimited minutes because it doesnt use your plan minutes. You can also browse the web and talk simultaneously using GROOVE IP and LINE2. Not sure if thats your thing or not but just thought i would throw that out there.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
I think i misunderstood your question. If you are trying to put a work number that you already have onto your phone onto another phone i believe takeshi is correct so disregard my previous post. But if you are saying that you have 1 phone that you use for work and that number is provide by your carrier give what i said a try. Also cant you just have your calls forwarded to the desired device through your provider?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums