2.2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorelai

Reaction score
I got the OTA prompt on my brand new Droid today. I kept getting the upgrade prompt the other day but ignored it because I didn't want the hassle of upgrading. Someone in my family said they downloaded it and since their phone looks roughly the same I figured go ahead. (Turns out they only upgraded Google maps :blink: )

I just got the phone earlier this week, so I was still getting used to everything, but I really liked it. Now, it could just be that I need to get used to this, but I don't like the appearance of 2.2.

Is there anyway to bring back the bar at the bottom of the screen that you swipe to bring up all of your apps/widgets?

Also, is the clock widget has changed from a white clock with numbers to a numberless black clock with neon green hands. Anyway to change that back?

I've been reading the froyo upgrade threads and they are just making me more confused... Are there any big problems with this that I should be aware of? Do I need to uninstall it (how would I do that?)?

I have a basic, non-rooted Droid 1. :motdroidvert:

Thanks! :)

samredman

Reaction score
With 2.2 you not only have the "bar" (now a square multi-dotted apps Launcher icon) at the bottom, but you also have a Phone and and Browser icon for quick access to those features:

droidscreen.png

Check out the feature listing for 2.2:

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content...08/frg22-1.jpg

I think that you will like it. Download the new Google Voice Search app, which only works with 2.2 (that's pretty amazing letting you just speak your text messsages and emails and even notes to yourself) and the Adobe Flash 10.1 (get the apk here on this forum). Those little dots on either side of the three icon tool at the bottom will show you your previous views of your home screens or opened folders (long press on either of those dot groupings to see tiny clickable images of all you have viewed).

And yes, that analog clock widget now does have green "neon" hands. Don't have a solution for that (I rather like it), but someone else might know how to change its appearance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.