Multimedia Dock and 2.2 upgrade

bcbailey1977

Reaction score
I have a regular Motorola Droid thru Verizon and after I got my 2.2 upgrade and now when I put my phone in my dock (which was working just fine the night I got the upgrade) and it said in the notification bar "connected to multimedia station" and I had my dim clock. But since the upgrade it doesn't recognize that it is connected in the notification bar, and I have both Better Alarm Clock and the stock clock. So I use the Better alarm clock but I want the old stuff back.

Is this just something that Motorola needs to fix or do I drive and go to the Verizon store?

johnlgalt

Reaction score
Mine works perfectly fine in the MM dock.

Is Better Alarm Clock disabling the regular Clock app?

OP
B

bcbailey1977

Reaction score
This only has happened since the upgrade. I went to bed with the dim setting on the Media dock and when i woke up there was a black screen in fine print to plug into USB on computer to upgrade. After that, it doesn't recognize it when i put it in the dock. It charges and the different clocks work but not the one when "connected to multimedia dock" It doesn't show up in my notification area

johnlgalt

Reaction score
With 2.2 when I put it in the MM dock I don't have a notification either - it just automatically runs the Clock app.

OP
B

bcbailey1977

Reaction score
OK Cool. I thought something was wrong or it was/is a bug maybe they will fix

coloradotransplant

Reaction score
MultiMedia dock and 2.2 OS

I LOVE my Droid and was not worried about the upgrade to 2.2 and really liked many of the features as I used it. This phone has become indespensible to me. I was just out of town for 3 weeks and used it as a navigation system, bedroom clock, computer, etc. One of my favorite feautires has been placing it in the multimedia dock and having a clock and alarm clock if needed.

However, since the system upgrade that feature is GONE. If I place it in the dock, I get a smaller font digital clock that disappears after a few minutes.

I have contacted both Verizon and Motorola and neither has a suggestion. The rep from Motorola said it would have to be a new upgrade to fix. Does anyone have a suggestion to get my desk clock back? That was an invaluable travel tool.:huh:

Last edited:

Low Saturn

Reaction score
However, since the system upgrade that feature is GONE. If I place it in the dock, I get a smaller font digital clock that disappears after a few minutes.

I have contacted both Verizon and Motorola and neither has a suggestion. The rep from Motorola said it would have to be a new upgrade to fix. Does anyone have a suggestion to get my desk clock back? That was an invaluable travel tool.:huh:

I dont like the new clock either. Mine doesnt disappear though. I put the phone in the dock and get a new style clock with the weather and new control buttons along the bottom of the screen. After a few minutes it disappears and a "screensaver" looking clock with green numbers and a black background comes on and floats around the screen. It really sucks.

I bought the docking station specifically for the alarm clock looking screen that was always on. I actually really liked it. If its something that cant be restored like it was or is going to stay that way, I'm tempted to ask for my money back for the dock.

bssappe

Reaction score
Docking Station no longer works...

I completely agree with everyone else on here. I loved my docking station at work & i would cradle my droid to play tunes while the phone had the nice looking clock on it with weather/music & such. Since the update, all my phone does when i put it in the cradle is show me some options & tells me to hit save when done. I've done all of this & more but i can't get my old screen back. It's driving me crazy & i really hate it....
Please help someone!!!!!

Droid Gyypsy

Reaction score
I use the multimedia dock at work for a clock and was bummed when the 2.2 upgrade messed it up.

I have loaded the app "tdigitalclock" which provides the clock feature similar to the original and does not time out which works for me.

It is not a good as the screen that came with dock but will work until they fix the problem. Just thought I would share.:)

Ratdog68

Reaction score
2.2 Upgrade and multi media station

Has a "shut it off" been figured out yet for the "screen saver mode" when the phone's been in the multi media station for a few minutes? That green clock (moving around) thing is annoying.

I prefer the "use your default weather app" for the mms, I never really liked the Accuweather one, and prefer "The Weather Channel"... so, that's an improvement.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
Has a "shut it off" been figured out yet for the "screen saver mode" when the phone's been in the multi media station for a few minutes? That green clock (moving around) thing is annoying.

I prefer the "use your default weather app" for the mms, I never really liked the Accuweather one, and prefer "The Weather Channel"... so, that's an improvement.

Nope. See my post (#21) here though:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...royo-screen-wont-stay-lit-like-did-2-1-a.html

Ratdog68

Reaction score

Nope. See my post (#21) here though:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...royo-screen-wont-stay-lit-like-did-2-1-a.html

Thank you Low Saturn... appreciate the reply. Time to call Verizon I guess.